FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While cleaning the beloved Focus yesterday, I noticed some very small orange spots on the doors, that evil disease, RUST. Just curious, what's the going price for a proper paint job?
depends on if your wanting to paint just the doors, or the whole car.
I just prices out my GF protege to be painted at a Ford collision center, I know they over charge but I know the guy in charge (Carlos). Anywho, its a black 4 door very simple repaint it black $3500-$3800 in the door jams and enginebay too. Now smae thing with the door jams and engine bay but a White with a Barbie Pink Pearl $3800-$4200. Couple hundread bucks more to make it look like a show car.
So back on topic how bad is the rust is it full on bubble or is it just fall-out on the surface? (White cars you'll see fall-out on then all over after shipping on the trains. gotta love it.) If it is just Fall-out, get some Diamond Cut compound, Swirl Free Polish from Meguiar's and a decent Random Orbital and follow instructions. I do it as a side business it's simple.
my buddy got his civic done for like 1800, decent job.
Before you get prices on repaint, check and see if the orange spots come off. I know they do on my car...

From what I've read, brake dust can land on your paint and stick on, and when it oxidizes, it looks like rust. I just use my fingernail while washing it to scrape them off, or clay bar if I'm waxing. I've been noticing it more with the Monroe brake pads on it, versus the Motorcraft ones that were on it before.

Look first, maybe save some money... :D

Ryan
Buddy i didn't even pay 4 g's for a paint job i paid $3200 taxs in doors hatch winshield all bumbper everything off painted in to stages for the two tones and put back together even more door jams and hatch is two tone and it use to be silver so if i was just repainting a car i would spend more that $1500-$1800 depending if they need to do some rust work
ZX3_2NV,Jul 17 2008, 10:57 AM Wrote:Buddy i didn't even pay 4 g's for a paint job i paid $3200 taxs in doors hatch winshield all bumbper everything off painted in to stages for the two tones and put back together even more door jams and hatch is two tone and it use to be silver so if i was just repainting a car i would spend more that $1500-$1800 depending if they need to do some rust work
[right][snapback]268894[/snapback][/right]
Cool, you gotta tell me where you got it done at.
I originally got it done at graf auto but they don't really work on tuner cars there more of a restoration shop i get all my stuff done at C P Auto near dufferin and dupont there pretty good they did my roll cage and some other stuff if u want contact info pm me
Scorcher000,Jul 17 2008, 12:09 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jul 17 2008, 10:57 AM Wrote:Buddy i didn't even pay 4 g's for a paint job i paid $3200 taxs in doors hatch winshield all bumbper everything off painted in to stages for the two tones and put back together even more door jams and hatch is two tone and it use to be silver so if i was just repainting a car i would spend more that $1500-$1800 depending if they need to do some rust work
[right][snapback]268894[/snapback][/right]
Cool, you gotta tell me where you got it done at.
[right][snapback]268897[/snapback][/right]

You understood that?

Must be the french in me or somthing. <_<
Ya, it's all that dam MSN chatting. Though there are some words and acronyms I don't understand myself. (sry to change the topic)
My wife's car has some small spots of surface rust on her car (2001) We thought about fixing it but we are just going to drive the car into the ground, its 8 years old already, why spend 2-3 grand painting now? If it lasts us another 2 years we will be very happy.