FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Simple Center Console Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to the auto wreckers today and got a new center console just to mess around with the interior and not ruin anything, just in case. So here are some before and after shot, its not perfect but its a start. And yes it was really dirty. And i was missing the one peice on the back and that is why it is not painted.

Before:

[Image: Picture034-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture035-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture036-2.jpg]

After:

[Image: Picture037-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture038-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture039-2.jpg]
I'm not too keen on the painted trim that gets easily scuffed. Since your interior is beige I don't think it would look good to have a blue center console or more blue trim.

Are you paiting the rest of the interior? That will look a little silly without the rest matching.
I think if you were to paint it it should be painted black, and then just leave the piece around the shifter blue. Also it should be the same blue as your car...

And you should sand it down so that it's smooth or use some body filler and then sand it smooth before you paint it? Not sure if it's the lines in the console or the way it was painted, but it kind of looks like it was painted on with a brush?
Totally agree with SL8RZZX3.

Sand and paint it gloss black or the same navy blue as the exterior.

I'm not gonna lie, the beige interior is really hard to work with, it just screams granny driver.
How do you guys let your cars get so damn dirty? :(
Thanks for the input guys, its just a start for the interior and like i said just a simple change. Keep the ideas coming.
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:How do you guys let your cars get so damn dirty? :(
[right][snapback]268780[/snapback][/right]

Some of us don't have the space to work their car over with a toothbrush y'know :P

I mean I get dirty looks at the car wash if I use a chamois to dry my car, NVM say waxing it <_<

NefCanuck
i say "No" to interior painting!
NikiterZTS,Jul 15 2008, 02:41 PM Wrote:i say "No" to interior painting!
[right][snapback]268805[/snapback][/right]

Im with ya!
Ive got gray cloth seats. Front and back from a ZX3.

Im pretty sure it would fit ur car, and then go crazy with black paint on the interior and especially the pilliars
But really now, how did it get so dirty?
really i dont pay attention so i don't know. but i am detailing it on friday.
the thing is with interiors, you can only go so far with them, and the more suttle the better off it looks. if you paint things odd colours with interior colour not matching or worse off not complementing the colour choices you choose it can look very crapy rather quickly, one thing I could point out is there are many honda drivers out there with yellow, black or red cars with either Neon green seats, or very glossy White & black painted dashes... and they look very very retarded.
phased_focus,Jul 15 2008, 11:30 PM Wrote:really i dont pay attention so i don't know. but i am detailing it on friday.
[right][snapback]268841[/snapback][/right]

You won't get ANY of that filth out with a detail job...sorry dude.
ANTHONYD,Jul 17 2008, 01:03 PM Wrote:
phased_focus,Jul 15 2008, 11:30 PM Wrote:really i dont pay attention so i don't know. but i am detailing it on friday.
[right][snapback]268841[/snapback][/right]

You won't get ANY of that filth out with a detail job...sorry dude.
[right][snapback]268903[/snapback][/right]

Sure he can...if has the right tools. A steamer would really do good here, so would a good carpet extractor. Those are exphensive though!

For the actual trim, console, use a lot of degreaser and lots of elbow grease :P
A fire bomb would fix that right up. LOL
I work at a dealership, the detail went fine.
The tools aren't that pricy anymore, if you know where to look. But that car is a piece of cake, Try cleaning a 86 kenworth that sat at a Husky truck stop for 2 weeks in the hottest part of summer because the guy had a heart attack, s*** blood and something green all in it.(every see myth busters when they had the pigs dead in the car and had to scrap the car) Ya took it striaght out of my shop and striaght into the mechanics bay for parts.
Scorcher000,Jul 17 2008, 11:34 PM Wrote:The tools aren't that pricy anymore[right][snapback]268938[/snapback][/right]

$500 for a good carpet extractor is not pricey?
Pages: 1 2