FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: @#$%^ Throttle Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you all know, by reading on here, I have had some troubles with getting a CEL, which always is a TPS code. So, I purchased an SVT air intake from a fellow member, and due to some "tragedy" involving his Focus, he had an extra Manual Throttle Body, with a TPS. Ford won't sell a TPS for my year of Focus, for an automatic, they'll sell the Throttle Body and the TPS, but not just the TPS. Anyhow, when I picked up the air intake, I also picked up the Throttle body. To make a long story short, I installed the air intake today, and put on the TPS from the spare Throttle Body as well. Intake sounds good, and the TPS is working properly. I have to thank SL8RZZX3 for his assistance, as well as ZTWsquared for his assistance. You guys saved me "tons" of money and prevented a few more grey hairs showing up too soon.
At first I thought this was going to be another F@#kin Throtle Body post. But now that I have read it, (in the words of Borat) GREAT SUCCESS!!!!! Glad to hear that you have gotten things sorted out and your Focus is running normal again.
Yeah that turned out to be a real bonus!! Glad it worked out with the air box and TPS!
what?? ford don't sell tps for 2000 automatics??
then how did i get it..
the dealer you went to must be trying to rip you off..

anyway..glad to hear it works now..
only problem i had was, i screwed it up when i first installed it..
i was putting tps on wrong holes..

after new tps in, no more hanging revs..
finally no more cel hopefully it lasts this time
ZX3_2NV,Jul 15 2008, 11:12 AM Wrote:finally no more cel hopefully it lasts this time
[right][snapback]268783[/snapback][/right]

I think it should.... I'm pretty sure it was the home-made SRI Steve was running was the culprit and was causing all his MAF and TPS problems
I can see that.

i once saw an intake made with an allens tin apple juice can with a cone on the end
damb and I was going to go to the wreckers tommorrow and start taking them off automatic focus'.