FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtoa On Track Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the topic title says, went to the SVTOA On Track event this past weekend which this year was held at the Mosport Driver Development Course July 12 & 13. I had originally been planning to go with the Focus, but of course that didn't happen, so instead I went with the Fusion.

As the car is only three months old I wasn't willing to hammer the throttle in the straights as I would have needed to melt the brakes on at least one corner. Even so I had more than one comment that if I was willing to really gun it in the straights I could have been as bad as the Focus were for harassing the 'Stangs (AWD & 4 wheel independent suspension = th3 w1n in the twists). That corner was designed by the devil himself, I kept hearing the cars tires yelling at me trying to hold the racing line and only on a couple of occassions actually got it exactly right.

The instructor I had in car over the weekend was great, never pushed me faster than I was willing to go.

The rain over Saturday night into Sunday was fun as well, nothing like a little rauin to turn macho Mustangs into absolute wimps. Heck, during the early Sunday parade laps that we used to dry out the track even the lead instructor managed to doughnut his rental car Mustang GT with the traction control on (He ended up facing me and that was a real eye opener on a Sunday morning :blink: )

Had a pair of SVT Focus in my run group over the weekend (the newbies) both blue, one a three door owned by a salesman at Dixie Ford by the name of Shawn (never got the speeling of his name) and a five door owned by a gentleman from Barrie.

Those little Focus tore up the track something fierce, one 20 minute run session had the three door driven by the Dixie Ford saleman pass me three times and he was working on a fourth pass when the checkered flag came out to end the run. They were giving everyone fits in our group, including some majorly worked on 'Stangs that they passed like they were standing still.

Also had an Ford F150 Lightining in my run group on Sunday... have that filling up your rearview mirror trying to pass you, you'll swear your life is flashing before your eyes :ph34r:

The Ford Dealer that sponsered the event brought along a Mustang GT to use that had been on their used car lot. For a car that he's trying to sell, he was willing to give'er, put it off in the grass once :P

If you get the chance, I'd really recommend this event, between the excellent classroom instruction and the one on one instruction for the newbs, it's great. I came home tired & sunburnt Sunday night and started thinking "Where can I go again to get some more track time?"

Here are some photos from the event, mostly my car I'll post up some of the other pics later as there were some real rare Mustangs out on the track including a Bullitt anniversary Mustang with only 2,000km on it.

[Image: SVTOAOnTrackatMosport202.jpg]

[Image: SVTOAOnTrackatMosport016.jpg]

[Image: SVTOAOnTrackatMosport222.jpg]

..and a link to the entire album, I'll be adding to it as I get time, I took around 200 photos on Sunday between my runs :ph34r:

SVTOA On Track 2008
NefCanuck
Way to go Danial, man I wish I had more time off to do still like that.
Where do you get the tornado licence plate covers? I want one for the 407. :rofl: Really glad you had a good time. I am going to have to try this out one day as well.
Looks like fun. I've been to the Mosport DDC several times in my wagon for a performance driving school that a friend of mine puts one. Speeds are just right for getting your adrenalin up without worrying about wrecking the car.

I hope to get out there one more time this year before the snow flies.
i wanna go!!
Dunno what the cost will be like next year but it was $350 pre-reg for this weekend (one car, one driver)

Money well spent, if for no other reason than to learn how your car handles far closer to the edge than you get in everyday traffic.

NefCanuck
thats pretty wicked i would love to do something like that one day
Awsome Pics! And good on those foci's!!

The focus handles so good. When I was at shanonville, I had no issues hanging with the 3351's, granted driver experience probably played a huge role, but it was nice to see my little machine hang with some of the big boys!

Anybody who thinks theyre a good driver and has never been lapping or a school like this has very much to learn, I recommend any car enthusiats to do this as soon as they can!
Yeah the Focus were going as fast as they could (which on the course we were using meant third gear max according to the drivers) and barely slowing down...

Far cry from the Mustangs who either had to haul it down or made their tires yowl like a cat stuck in a washing machine set on "puree" :ph34r:

If my finances get the boost their supposed to, next year I'll say "frig it" stand on it in the straights and beat on the brakes...

Piss the Mustangs off even more than the Focus did ;) :lol:

NefCanuck
Nice pics and looks like you had a good time.

That track is a little bit too tight for my Marauder.
CanadaSVT,Jul 22 2008, 07:08 PM Wrote:Nice pics and looks like you had a good time.

That track is a little bit too tight for my Marauder.
[right][snapback]269205[/snapback][/right]

-pfft- c'mon I had a F150 Lightining trying to eat me alive, the Maurader would have been less scary in my rearview :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck