FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Massiv Monday Mart (tonight!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MASSIV Monday Mart – Tune Up, Oil Change and Service Specials
SAVE 30% or more on OEM Motorcraft Parts

I kind of took a flyer and invested in some Motorcraft service parts in the U.S. last time I was down there, in the hopes that saving 30% or more was something FC.net members might want to take advantage of ... so here’s what I’m bringing with me to the meet tonight to sell:

All prices are bottom line including taxes:

PLUGS
Zetec (SP478) ..................... 8.00 (39% less than dealer)
Duratec (SP448) ................. 13.00 (37% less than dealer)

OIL FILTER
Zetec (FL400) ..................... 6.00 (31% less than dealer)
Duratec (FL910) ................. 7.00 (35% less than dealer)

AIR FILTER
Zetec (FA1688) ................. 12.00 (33% less than dealer, 12% less than CTC)

FUEL FILTER
Zetec / Duratec (FG986B) .. 15.00 (38% less than dealer)

CABIN FILTER
00-04 ................................ 19.00 (40% less than dealer, 33% less than CTC)

OIL
Mobil 1 5w-20 (5 US qts).. 34.00 (23% less than Wal-Mart Canada)

CLEANERS
Autozone Engine Degreaser (15 oz – big!) ... 4.00 (brand not avail in Canada)
Eagle 1 Rim Cleaner (26 oz / 768 ml) .......... 8.00 (36% less than CTC)

CHEMICALS
Seafoam (16 oz) .............. 12.00 (couldn’t find a Cdn price to compare)
Berryman’s B12 (15 oz) .... 6.00 (couldn’t find a Cdn price to compare)
CRC MAF cleaner (11 oz) .. 10.00 (couldn’t find Cdn price to compare)

Isn't the oil filter for a Zetec a FL-2005? I think the part# above is for the SPI.

Do you have any of these for the Zetec?

Do you have the DPFE I ordered?
dBlast,Jul 14 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:Isn't the oil filter for a Zetec a FL-2005?  I think the part# above is for the SPI.

[right][snapback]268659[/snapback][/right]
DPFE has arrived ... PM Sent

According to the Motorcraft website the Zetec oil filter is the FL400s (the ones I have) and the FL2005 is for SVT ...
No he is right the fl-2005 is for the zetec and svt where the fl400 is for the spi engine. I am 100% on this.
ZTWsquared,Jul 14 2008, 12:02 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Jul 14 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:Isn't the oil filter for a Zetec a FL-2005?  I think the part# above is for the SPI.

[right][snapback]268659[/snapback][/right]
DPFE has arrived ... PM Sent

According to the Motorcraft website the Zetec oil filter is the FL400s (the ones I have) and the FL2005 is for SVT ...
[right][snapback]268671[/snapback][/right]

I am pretty sure that I have been using FL2005s for the last dozen or so changes based on what the guy at the parts counter of 3 different dealerships have given me. :iono:

from myFordFocus.com:
Quote:Q. What is the Motorcraft part# for my Oil filter?
A. Zetec: FL-2005 SPI: FL-400 S
I'm not saying you guys are wrong -- but it's tough for me to argue the Motorcraft website ... I looked it up two ways ... searched on FL400s to see what it fit ... and then searched on 2004 Focus DOHC to see what was spec'd ... you can see from the two screen caps below that the FL400s is spec'd for DOHC non SVT.

Chances are we are all right and the FL400s supercedes the FL2005 for non SVT DOHC.

[Image: FL400s.jpg]
[Image: FL400s_2.jpg]
Hey I will take 2 bottles of engine cleaner and 2 bottles of eagle 1 rim cleaner
Tiketz,Jul 14 2008, 05:58 PM Wrote:Hey I will take 2 bottles of engine cleaner and 2 bottles of eagle 1 rim cleaner
[right][snapback]268705[/snapback][/right]
Okay - that's how many I have of each ... see you there.
My buddy was wondering if you could get some Plugs for his 2003 F-150 4X4 5.4L, prefferably Iradium ones.(but whatever ones you can get for a good price is good enough)
And I was wondering too, if you could get me some transmissoin fluid too I think 6 Liters of it I'll check my book at noon and post it then. Thanx again.
Hey ken I need 6.6L of the Motorcraft MERCON V ATF auto fluid. Thanx for everything and my buddy is ok about the plugs found out the BRisk plugs I have can be used in that thing too lol. Let me know if you wanna get rid of the stuff before the next meet.
On the oil filter thing, you are all right. The Fl-400 works flawlessly, it just doesn't have the back flow valve of the FL2005. Ford contradicts themselves all over the place on this, but the only difference is the valve (so you don't get as messy when you pull it off the car).

Bump for a member doing a good thing! :D
napa sells the cabin filter and the seafoam for the same price you do.
silvermist,Jul 22 2008, 10:19 AM Wrote:napa sells the cabin filter and the seafoam for the same price you do.
[right][snapback]269146[/snapback][/right]

They may have them for the same prices but I believe Ken's prices are tax in.
silvermist,Jul 22 2008, 11:19 AM Wrote:napa sells the cabin filter and the seafoam for the same price you do.
[right][snapback]269146[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the update ... what I'm doing is trying to help out fellow Focus enthusiasts ... so my pricing includes taxes and also delivery (if you think in terms of picking them up at a meet you were going to anyway) ... if I didn't think I could save other members money I wouldn't bother, believe me.

In any event, the items like the seafoam and the MAF cleaner were things that I tried to buy at CTC and Walmart here - and couldn't find - but could find in the states when I go down there. I frankly did not do an exhaustive evaluation about how my price compared to all other retailers, it's based on what I paid for them and a nominal amount to cover my expenses.

The real benefit of what I'm doing, if I say so myself, is that I can provide OEM motorcraft parts for more than 30% less than what a Canadian dealer sells it for ... and you don't have to spend $40 in gas going to the states or get a**-raped by UPS ... and so if NAPA sells Motorcraft cabin filters for what I do including tax, then I say good on them that's a reasonable price - a lot more reasonable than Ford dealers here charge. If they're not motorcraft, then I respectfully suggest the comparison isn't valid.

In any event, I can make no guarantee that the prices I offer are the lowest anywhere ... I can only compare them to Ford dealers and other major retailers in my area ... ie: CTC and Walmart ... and if you're thinking of buying something from me I would encourage everyone to do your own research and make your own comparisons.

Bottom line is this ... the natural law of the market says that if I am truly providing a genuine service, then the response will make it easy for me to continue ... if I'm not offering anything of value, that too will become quickly obvious and I'll find something else to occupy my time.

Personally, and I say this without malice, knowing what I know about the difference between US and CAD pricing on Ford parts, I have no intentions of ever buying parts from a Canadian Ford dealer again.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I imagined that a lot of other folks might think the same as I do.

Thanks for all your support Kevin - appreciate it.
Hey Ken, no problem. You are supporting the meets and I will support your venture. So that being said put me down for 1 Autozone Engine Degreaser and 1 Eagle 1 Rim Cleaner if you still have any available.

See you on Monday if you can make it.

Edit. I see that Tony bought what you had in stock. So don't go out of your way to pick it up, but the next time you are in the U.S. is fine with me.
Can you get me a price on stock front brake pads and rotors for a 2000 ZX3?

I am riding on Brembo blanks and HPS pads, but unless you get them good and hot they seem to be worse than stock in wet and cold conditions. (listening to naz's stick to stock wisdom... :lol: )

I may need those O2 sensors I asked about as well.

Thanks.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 22 2008, 03:08 PM Wrote:Hey Ken, no problem.  You are supporting the meets and I will support your venture.  So that being said put me down for 1 Autozone Engine Degreaser and 1 Eagle 1 Rim Cleaner if you still have any available.

See you on Monday if you can make it.

Edit.  I see that Tony bought what you had in stock.  So don't go out of your way to pick it up, but the next time you are in the U.S. is fine with me.
[right][snapback]269176[/snapback][/right]
Thanks again Kevin ... but I have gone to the US in the meantime and restocked - so I have everything on your list above - and yes, I'll be there Monday.
dBlast,Jul 22 2008, 05:40 PM Wrote:Can you get me a price on stock front brake pads and rotors for a 2000 ZX3?

I am riding on Brembo blanks and HPS pads, but unless you get them good and hot they seem to be worse than stock in wet and cold conditions.  (listening to naz's stick to stock wisdom... :lol: )

I may need those O2 sensors I asked about as well.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]269179[/snapback][/right]
Prices are all in, including taxes

Motorcraft BRR87 Rotors = 95 ea CAD (vs. 136 ea at dealer)
Motorcraft BR1274 pads (full set) = 90 CAD (vs. 181 at dealer - yup, that's right)

The prices for the 02 sensors are the same as quoted before (sorry the DPFE didn't solve the problem)

Front O2 (ys4z9g444aa) = 135 (vs. 199 at dealer)
Cat monitor (f8rz9g444bb) = 145 (vs. 219 at dealer)

Compared to buying at a Canadian Ford dealer these five parts represent a savings of 310.89
^^^

Can't beat those prices!

PM'd
I just wanted you to know because you said you couldn't find prices on the seafoam and I know not alot of places have a napa. but just so you where informed and I highly agree with the helping to save members money, even if it is a couple of bucks, plus I would reather spend a little more and get great customer survice then save money and get jerked around.
Pages: 1 2