FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Its Offical, Ford Will Be Importing The C-max,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2011 Ford C-Max Spied
Source: Leftlane news
july 10, 2008

With gas prices at record highs, automakers are scrambling to develop more fuel efficient models. While some automakers are developing all-new cars from scratch, Ford realized that it didn’t have to look any farther than its current European lineup for fuel-saving models. One of those models that will be making the trek across the pond is the Blue Oval’s C-Max, which are spy photographers just spotted while testing in the wild.

Based on the C1 platform — the same that currently underpins the Euro-spec Ford Focus — the next-generation Ford C-Max will be arriving in the States for the 2011 model year, along with the European versions of the Focus and Kuga. But what we’re seeing here is a mule: a well-modified shell of the current C-Max, hiding evidence of the all-new C-Max underneath.

Currently we don’t know exactly what will power the upcoming C-Max when it arrives in the states, but we’re expecting the turbocharged 2.5-liter engine from the Focus to find its way to the to-of-the-line version.

Spy Pics of the Focus C-max
The Kuga im excited i really like that CUV i bet it will replace the edge
ZX3_2NV,Jul 10 2008, 04:54 PM Wrote:The Kuga im excited i really like that CUV i bet it will replace the edge
[right][snapback]268437[/snapback][/right]
The CMax is smaller than the Edge. The Edge won't be going anywhere -- we're already working on a 7 passenger version.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 10 2008, 04:58 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jul 10 2008, 04:54 PM Wrote:The Kuga im excited i really like that CUV i bet it will replace the edge
The CMax is smaller than the Edge. The Edge won;t be going anywhere -- we're already working on a 7 passenger version.
[right][snapback]268438[/snapback][/right]

I'm not suprised by that as most CUV's are headed in the 7 passenger direction.

and I heard not sure if it's true or not but I heard that the Kuga Could be the Escape replacement.
i said Kuga not c max isn't the kuga and the edge very similiar
ZX3_2NV,Jul 10 2008, 05:00 PM Wrote:i said Kuga not c max isn't the kuga and the edge very similiar
[right][snapback]268441[/snapback][/right]

the Kuga is about the same size as the Escape, the Edge is a mid sized CUV.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 10 2008, 08:58 PM Wrote:
The CMax is smaller than the Edge. The Edge won't be going anywhere -- we're already working on a 7 passenger version.

do tell! how does it look/work??? I really like one. I love my Freestyle, but i like the edge. They only downside right now is the 5 seater instead of 7. So when is it coming?
mo_focus,Jul 10 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Jul 10 2008, 08:58 PM Wrote:

do tell! how does it look/work??? I really like one. I love my Freestyle, but i like the edge. They only downside right now is the 5 seater instead of 7. So when is it coming?
[right][snapback]268444[/snapback][/right]

Kuga Pics Fresh from Ford.co.uk

[Image: Kuga2.jpg]
[Image: Kuga1.jpg]
[Image: KugaInterior.jpg]
[Image: Kuga3.jpg]
mo_focus,Jul 10 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:do tell! how does it look/work??? I really like one. I love my Freestyle, but i like the edge. They only downside right now is the 5 seater instead of 7. So when is it coming?
[right][snapback]268444[/snapback][/right]
Haven't seen it. It's in the tooling design. Next up is the MKT, the Lincoln version of the Flex, but looks nothing like the Flex. Then the stretch Edge. At least that's the plan.

The Kuga is the size of the Escape. If anything, that's what will be replaced.
C-Max Photos

[Image: Cmax2.jpg]
[Image: Cmax3.jpg]
[Image: Cmax4.jpg]
[Image: Cmax1.jpg]

Interior

[Image: Cmax5.jpg]
[Image: Cmax7.jpg]
[Image: Cmax6.jpg]
I couldn't wait for a C-Max, so I bought a Mazda5... :)
reldridge,Jul 11 2008, 10:33 AM Wrote:I couldn't wait for a C-Max, so I bought a Mazda5... :)
[right][snapback]268475[/snapback][/right]

By the time the C-Max gets here, you'll be shopping for the C-Max ;)

I do like the look of the Kuga btw.
Kuga with larger OD tires and realtime 4WD (ala Escape) or AWD = something I'd buy to let the Escape be the "offroad" vehicle.