FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb - Early 2000 Intake Mani *close Thread*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought one. Close Thread...
haha yeah i had fun taking mine off.....probably the hardest job i ever did on my car
u have pm.
NikiterZTS,Jul 9 2008, 04:50 PM Wrote:haha yeah i had fun taking mine off.....probably the hardest job i ever did on my car
[right][snapback]268399[/snapback][/right]

lol yeah I saw your posts in the other topics. I was down to the stud behind the alternator when I suspected it was there, but thought I would double check on ff.com. Sure enough... AND its even stamped that it was produced in 99 on the intake mani, yet, its clearly not. like wtf! ....
so wait. ur cars a 2000 but it doesn't have a 2000 manifold?

i gotta check mine. Where is the marking of 1999?
ZX3_2NV,Jul 10 2008, 03:44 PM Wrote:so wait ur cars a 2000 but it doesn't have a 2000 manifold i gotta check mine where is the marking of 1999
[right][snapback]268433[/snapback][/right]
The manifold was changed half way through the 2000 model year.

My 2000 has the earlier version. I think if you check the build date on your car on the label on the driver's door sill you will find that if the date stamp was June 2000 or later (I can't remember the exact date) it would have the newer version of the manifold.

Here is what mine looks like. It has a number on it that begins with "98":

[Image: IMG_0483.jpg]

My label with a build date of 05/00:

[Image: IMG_0486.jpg]
dBlast,Jul 10 2008, 07:40 PM Wrote:My label with a build date of 05/00:

Ahhh see, my tag reads 08/00. Sweet.... 3 months off. Its so weird that my intake mani reads it was manafactured in 99; stamped right on it, I will try and take a pic... not that it matters at this point but...
[Image: DSCF0742.jpg]

And its hard to read what is stamped on the mani, but it is stamped at the 09 and 10 of the year 1999. So 10/99 basically.

[Image: DSCF0746.jpg]

Sorry about the size of the pics... I dont post pics that often lol. Had to track down my photobucket account info and everything... lol.

02ztsian

That's definitely the less-desireable manifold. You can tell because it looks like two pieces molded together, whereas the desireable one looks like one piece.
Done and Done... Thanks to HardkOre.

Close the thread...