FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford News Update: Ecoboost Focus & Svt Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ford to give Fusion sedan the SVT treatment, EcoBoost power
Source: Leftlane news
July 7,2008

Ford’s next-generation EcoBoost engine will power an SVT-tuned Ford Fusion sedan, today’s reports allege. Dubbed the Fusion GT, the car will sport all wheel drive and an estimated 340 horsepower from the turbocharged, direct-injected 3.7-liter V6 when it launches in late 2009 or early 2010.

The car would be the fourth to see a version of the EcoBoost engine in Ford’s line-up, as Motor Trend reports it will debut in the Lincoln MKS next year, followed by the Ford Flex and its Lincoln MKR luxury version in various states of tune. The rumored ratings go as far as 415 horsepower for the EcoBoost V6, and the engine will be used in place of V8s. A four-cylinder engine flying the EcoBoost flag will replace V6s in Ford vehicles.

The Fusion GT is meant to be an affordable Audi S4, though prices have not been announced. The Fusion would likely take the place of the previously rumored Ford Taurus ST, which would be powered by the same engine. Like the ST, an all-wheel drive system will put the generous amounts of power to the ground, this one sourced from Haldex. A six speed automatic transmission with manual shift control will connect the engine and AWD system.

Related EcoBoost news include a four-cylinder turbo engine powering the Fusion and a Focus GT as soon as 2010. The same V6 meant for the hot Fusion would be the top engine option in an upcoming small pick-up truck, dubbed the F-100.
The inline-four is also likely to find its way under the hood of the Edge crossover, while plans for a EcoBoost V6 Mustang — the first longitudinal application of the engine — is suspended.

340hp fusion, yup thats cool.
Yipes, 340 HP AWD? Audi S4 killer indeed :blink:

Hrm... there's a project down the road, shove that motor into my car (I hate what they did to the next gen Fusion interior :()

NefCanuck
Canadian ST,Jul 7 2008, 05:35 PM Wrote:340hp fusion, yup thats cool.
[right][snapback]268241[/snapback][/right]

Not as cool as a 340hp Focus.
I will definately be interested if there is a 4cyl turbo Focus coming up...... as long as the actual design is better than what it is now.
this is good news
Focus GT? Methinks I smell a second car coming on!!! :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

Altho, I gotta admit, a 340HP, Hemi-slaying Fusion GT is definitely appealing. AND, it's an easier sell for sure.

*wonders how quick he can get the G/F to go get her license so she can have the Escape* :P
NefCanuck,Jul 7 2008, 06:29 PM Wrote:Hrm... there's a project down the road, shove that motor into my car (I hate what they did to the next gen Fusion interior :()
[right][snapback]268246[/snapback][/right]
You wouldn't want just the engine without the handling package.

But I have a solution from my flight bag if you really hate the interior...

[Image: JS404311.jpg]

:lol:
mustanggt_50,Jul 7 2008, 09:00 PM Wrote:I will definately be interested if there is a 4cyl turbo Focus coming up...... as long as the actual design is better than what it is now.
[right][snapback]268257[/snapback][/right]

I can only hope its the same style as the one in the UK now, 5 door hatch with turbo 6 six speed.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 8 2008, 10:06 AM Wrote:You wouldn't want just the engine without the handling package.

[right][snapback]268276[/snapback][/right]

Geez, I'd wear that I'd be driving like half of the people already DO on the 401! :lol:

Speaking of handling upgrades... the Fusion AWD is such an odd duck suspension wise that handling upgrades are zilch ATM, I can live with that (I mean short of Mosport this weekend I don't fling the car around)

Though what I do miss is the MBRP sound... that always made people back the hell off if I stomped on the gas in the Focus :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 8 2008, 12:30 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Jul 8 2008, 10:06 AM Wrote:You wouldn't want just the engine without the handling package.

[right][snapback]268276[/snapback][/right]

Geez, I'd wear that I'd be driving like half of the people already DO on the 401! :lol:

Speaking of handling upgrades... the Fusion AWD is such an odd duck suspension wise that handling upgrades are zilch ATM, I can live with that (I mean short of Mosport this weekend I don't fling the car around)

Though what I do miss is the MBRP sound... that always made people back the hell off if I stomped on the gas in the Focus :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268288[/snapback][/right]

You should see if MBRP needs a Fusion to fab up a new system. You can be their guinea pig again. :P
Already offered up my car as a test mule, so far they've said "Thanks but no demand as yet" :(

Almost tempted to pay them to do a one off for me just to try and drum up some interest, because I guarantee an MBRP'ed V6 Fusion would sound "Groovy" :P

NefCanuck
Focus GT ftw
NefCanuck,Jul 8 2008, 02:58 PM Wrote:Already offered up my car as a test mule, so far they've said "Thanks but no demand as yet" :(

Almost tempted to pay them to do a one off for me just to try and drum up some interest, because I guarantee an MBRP'ed V6 Fusion would sound "Groovy" :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268296[/snapback][/right]

I need to see if they want an offering for the 1M+ Escapes that are out there. :ph34r:
Canadian ST,Jul 8 2008, 03:43 PM Wrote:
mustanggt_50,Jul 7 2008, 09:00 PM Wrote:I will definately be interested if there is a 4cyl turbo Focus coming up...... as long as the actual design is better than what it is now.
[right][snapback]268257[/snapback][/right]

I can only hope its the same style as the one in the UK now, 5 door hatch with turbo 6 six speed.
[right][snapback]268281[/snapback][/right]

Same here but I really dont see it happening, I hope im wrong.
NefCanuck,Jul 8 2008, 01:58 PM Wrote:Already offered up my car as a test mule, so far they've said "Thanks but no demand as yet" :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268296[/snapback][/right]
I've heard V6 don't sound good at all. Something to do with a Dual Chamber Exhaust, heard it from a pro who in his spare time tares down cars and builds racers out of them.(Anycar lol)
You ever see a 300hp turbo Sundance lol :blink:
i hope im not mistaking but didn't a specific year of sundance's come turbo from factory anyways i really really hope ford steps it up and sells these boosted cars in n/a not sure who makes the mazdaspeed3 motor i heard rumours Peugeot had a hand in it but its won tons of awards so ford should really look at that and improve and evolve from there
Scorcher000,Jul 8 2008, 06:05 PM Wrote:I've heard V6 don't sound good at all. Something to do with a Dual Chamber Exhaust, heard it from a pro who in his spare time tares down cars and builds racers out of them.(Anycar lol)
You ever see a 300hp turbo Sundance lol :blink:
[right][snapback]268314[/snapback][/right]
I had a 2.5" magnaflow exhaust on my V6 Mystique and it sounded amazing - the Duratec 30 and 35 are basically the same engine - no reason IMO why they wouldn't sound good too.
Look on Youtube for DTM Audis and even the new Nissan GT-R exhaust clips. Tell me that doesn't sound good. :)

Audi with Remus exhaust:

Another Audi:

Ford Fusion with intake, tune, exhaust (Daniel, you might like this!):

I think a call to MBRP might be in order ;)

Sometimes people who are "pro" just fail at being pro all the time. Maybe he had a bad engine or something, or it didn't turn out the way he wanted it.

More proof of a wicked V6? The VQ V6 in the Infiniti G35:

niiiiiiiiiiice, I should be due for a new car by then. Hopefully it will look like this!

[Image: Ford-Fusion-MRT-lg.jpg]
Pages: 1 2