FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Power Door Lock Problem (unlock Does Not Work)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have this happen?

My 03 SE Wagon (i just bought it used with 56,000 kms) has power doorlocks and the remote lock/unlock works fine but when inside the car, on the door, the power Unlock button does not work (neither driver nor passenger buttons) but the power Lock button still does work.

Any ideas???

Andre
I have a similar prob with my right pass rear door lock module. The left side module screwed up too but was covered under warranty so never got to see how to fix it. I had the hole door apart and could not figure it out. everything work, such as lock and unlock on all other doors and the door even closes and opens when system is lock( does not sound or activate alarm system either). I was figuring to just replace the module too. Went to ford and the guy at the parts counter must have been in another world because he could not find or understand what locking module I was talking about. If you happen to figure it out let me know plz. Good luck.
greanie,Jul 6 2008, 09:26 PM Wrote:Anyone have this happen?

My 03 SE Wagon (i just bought it used with 56,000 kms) has power doorlocks and the remote lock/unlock works fine but when inside the car, on the door, the power Unlock button does not work (neither driver nor passenger buttons) but the power Lock button still does work. 

Any ideas???

Andre
[right][snapback]268205[/snapback][/right]
Did this just happen ... or was the car like this when you bought it ... if the door panels have been off lately it may be simply the plugs weren't reconnected ... having said that, the rear power window switch on my wife's ZTW had to be replaced under warranty - seems the switches can simply "go bad"
I had that kind of happen, mine just wouldn't lock or unlock at all. then it started working then just stopped in the lock postion. I lucky worked it enought to get it to lock and unlock manuelly. it was the locking moduale itself i just went to the wreckers and pulled one out of another focus since they all have power door locks. took 20minutes to pull the one from the car and 40 minutes or so to take the one out of my car and put the new one in.
I had the same issue, they lubed some stuff inside the door, and I was good to go. Fix was under $50 at the dealership, its a common problem on the early foci's.
I can't be 100% certain but I believe it "just started happening". I bought the car used 2 weeks ago and I think it worked at the time of purchase (but I can't be certain). What is funny is the LOCK power button works (the botton half) but the UNLOCK button (top half) does not work, so unless lock/unlock work off a different connector, I'm sure its plugged in.

Also what is strange is that both the passenger and driver buttons are exhibiting the same problem simultaneously, which makes me skeptical that both buttons broke simultaneously.

I may just pay to get to get it fixed; I hate diagnosing electrical / switch issues. I'll let you know what I end up doing!!!
Flofocus,Jul 7 2008, 10:16 AM Wrote:I had the same issue, they lubed some stuff inside the door, and I was good to go.  Fix was under $50 at the dealership, its a common problem on the early foci's.
[right][snapback]268210[/snapback][/right]

Cool I hope it is just that. Thanks!
I know with my old Aerostar van, the passenger buttons routed through the drivers' side. When the drivers' side one went, the passengers stopped too. Could just be the drivers' side has gone bad...

Can anybody confirm this?

Ryan