FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Full Leather Seat Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I just had a baby and really needed to have proper seats that fold forward instead of my leather aftermarket ones.

So I did a little scrap yard shopping and got a set of 07 black leather rears and a pair of 08 black leather fronts.

Rears were no problem on the install, but the fronts were a bit of a pain since all the 08 wiring had to come out and the original seats wiring had to go back in.

the only real issue is with the drivers front were the height adjuster is it hits my cup holder in my door panel (not major but just enough i have to close the door a little harder than I'd like).

Here's a few pics don't mind the mess I need to do some interior spring cleaning soon.

[Image: InteriorLeatherFronts.jpg]

[Image: InteriorLeatherRears.jpg]

The problem :angry:
[Image: InteriorLeatherFrontsInTheWay.jpg]

The only thing I might do next is grab a dark grey sharpie and colour in the light grey stitching on the fronts so they match the backs :D

The total cost if anyone's interested was
$200 for the pair of fronts (the drivers side airbag had blown so it cost another $100 to get it restitched)
$150 for the rears including shipping from Ottawa

$450 all together :D
very nice, my svt set cost me about the same including door panels plus driving to get em, minus selling the doors to spinal. best thing i ever did!

looks awesome tho dude
Awsome! Good to know the 08 fronts are a direct swap!

They almost look like recaro's
good call, love the new look buddy! I should do some scrapyard shopping, I really can't stand my seats.. but then again, there is this money problem thing haha
What seats did you replace and are they going to be for sale?
Thanks guys I'm real glad they turned out so well!

As for the old seats I'm keeping them for chairs in my recording studio, since I only have one and my old just died.3
I found a pair of office chairs with bottoms that should be easy to swap :D