FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Return Of The Svo...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, word online is that Ford is thinking of a turbo 4-cyl Eco-Boost Mustang SVO revival for 2010.

Mustang SVO from Garage419

Mustang SVO from Jalopnik

Do you guys think it is a viable alternative? I know I'd be interested. :D

Discuss...
reldridge,Jul 3 2008, 12:49 PM Wrote:So, word online is that Ford is thinking of a turbo 4-cyl Eco-Boost Mustang SVO revival for 2010.

Mustang SVO from Garage419

Mustang SVO from Jalopnik

Do you guys think it is a viable alternative? I know I'd be interested. :D

Discuss...
[right][snapback]268127[/snapback][/right]
Why not put the same engine in the Focus?
now someones thinking i would luv to see that oldeguy
Yah if they can do it in the MS3 why not the Focus??
god i hope they are not thinking of bringing back the fox body mustang. that car was ugly, the none hatchback was ok but man out of the years of mustang that one was one of the worst.

it would be kind of kewl to see it in the current style of mustang.
The diehard V8 guys would run away screaming, en masse, to the Challenger and the Camaro. Sure, it's a logical step but can you see the "baddest" Mustang on the street being powered by a turbo 4?

Well, technically I can but realistically unless all the new muscle went to turbo 4s and 6s, it's not going to happen.

For Ford to be the only one moving to a 120-150HP/L design... that's gutsy, quick-thinking and pretty much cutting edge. When was the last time we said that about Ford? :huh:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 13 2008, 10:47 AM Wrote:The diehard V8 guys would run away screaming, en masse, to the Challenger and the Camaro. Sure, it's a logical step but can you see the "baddest" Mustang on the street being powered by a turbo 4?

Well, technically I can but realistically unless all the new muscle went to turbo 4s and 6s, it's not going to happen.

For Ford to be the only one moving to a 120-150HP/L design... that's gutsy, quick-thinking and pretty much cutting edge. When was the last time we said that about Ford? :huh:
[right][snapback]268576[/snapback][/right]

Personally I like the sound of a "Euro" Mustang - lightweight with IRS and a turbo V6 (yeah, I know - doesn't make sense on some levels) - but I don't think you'll ever see a 4 in a Mustang again ... and Adam, the last time we talked about Ford that way was the launch of the 1985 Taurus.