FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canada Hockey - Olympics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ANTHONYD,Feb 16 2010, 03:40 PM Wrote:As long as they play dirty and chickens*** hockey like they always do,  the Canadians need to make sure they don't get into penalty troubles.
[right][snapback]301529[/snapback][/right]

Just what I was saying to a colleague in the office.

From the start the Canadian men have to play the game like they mean it. That means no soft pedalling against "weaker" teams and no stupid penalties because the Canadians decide to play lazy (get into that habit and they'lkl get killed later in the tourney)

NefCanuck
Lovin' these replies, all people do here is talk Football....wish hockey was as big as footy here in the U.K. It sucks :(

But glad I put the thread up, get better updates on here than on Sky Sports :lol:
8-0 final, good game!
"No Way - Norway"
lol
-facepalms- What did I say about taking dumb penalties?

Canada plays like that against a team with some firepower and their gonna get fried <_<

NefCacnuck
We were just practicing Dan. It was just a warm up skate. LOL
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 16 2010, 10:07 PM Wrote:We were just practicing Dan.  It was just a warm up skate.  LOL
[right][snapback]301557[/snapback][/right]

Careful Kevin, Turin '06 the Swiss were supposed to be a "warm up skate" too and the Canadians got their fingers burned there :P

NefCanuck
That was so 4 years ago.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 16 2010, 10:21 PM Wrote:That was so 4 years ago.
[right][snapback]301559[/snapback][/right]
'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'----George Santayana
Sweds definitly gave Canada sweats
OAC_Sparky,Feb 17 2010, 12:21 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 16 2010, 10:21 PM Wrote:That was so 4 years ago.
[right][snapback]301559[/snapback][/right]
'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'----George Santayana
[right][snapback]301563[/snapback][/right]
Nearly happened again...
I was thinking of this thread while watching the overtime/shootout last night. Praying that I didn't have to eat my words. Thank you Team CaNaDa!!!!!
^^I was watching the gave with my family. During the 3rd period I said: "I bet the whole Canada is s***ting themselves right now."

Mother Land lost to Slovakia..........I lost my hope right thUr
Canada was a bit flat, but they had their chances. Hiller was amazing, probably the game of his life. Too many missed PP's for Canada, I think they had about 8. But it all comes down to Saturday baby, Canada VS USA!

And yessss Russia loses in the shootout to the Slovaks!
I've never seen forechecking like the Swiss had last night. There was absolutely NO neutral zone whatsoever.
tetra,Feb 19 2010, 09:58 AM Wrote:But it all comes down to Saturday baby, Canada VS USA!
[right][snapback]301703[/snapback][/right]

It's on Sunday night @ 7:40pm EST.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hocke...hm400a06sO.html
ANTHONYD,Feb 19 2010, 09:58 AM Wrote:I've never seen forechecking like the Swiss had last night. There was absolutely NO neutral zone whatsoever.
[right][snapback]301711[/snapback][/right]

The Swiss had a good number of players with NHL experience again which helps them to dispel the "Canadians are forechecking gods" myth amongst the rest of the team that doesn't have the NHL savvy.

Broduer looked damn ordinary at times last night and if I'm coach Babcock, his butt is stapled to the bench the rest of the tourney in favour of Luongo <_<

As to the commentators who keep squawking that both Norway and Switzerland would be "warmup matches" guess what? Canada nearly got their ass burnt last night :P

Better buck up boys or the Americans are gonna thump you good on Sunday night :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NikiterZTS,Feb 19 2010, 08:55 AM Wrote:^^I was watching the gave with my family. During the 3rd period I said: "I bet the whole Canada is s***ting themselves right now."

Mother Land lost to Slovakia..........I lost my hope right thUr
[right][snapback]301702[/snapback][/right]

I was laughing my ass off actually watching the Canadian teams smugness evaporate like a snowball in a microwave after they blew a 2 - 0 lead :lol:

Holy... Russia better stop treating this tourney like a skills competition or they might find themselves on the outside looking in.

That's the danger of a lineup that hasn't had a serious amount of practice time together, great individual pieces but little to no cohesion when it counts, all out for #1

NefCanuck
Oh noes! I thought it was Saturday. Should be Saturday! Hockey night in Canada! Yeah, if I were Babcock I'd go with Luongo against the Americans as well.
last night was brutal on team canadas part. so many missed chances, so many times the swiss played with them in our end. to many guys trying to be fancy and get a highlight goal, when in the end all that matters is you get it. crosby needs to start taking more shots aswell, he has had like 5 shots in 2 games! no including shoot out ofcoure. he is a top goal scorer and needs to step it up. i also vote in favour of luongo going in net, brodeur did a good job, but watching that puck hit off the skate and in almost killed me inside. next time canada starts to suck im taking my tv outside so i can smoke while watching the game, this s*** is stressful!

o one more thing, what was with all the wind ups and then fan on the shot!? or they would completely miss the puck! it was terrible
Pages: 1 2 3