FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb - Wiring Pigtail For Euro Tails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So about a year ago I bought a set of Euro tails for the wagon - bought them from a reputable UK company that is well known to FC.net members ... anyway, I guess it was my misunderstanding but I thought I also bought the connectors to go with them - apparently not.

I've emailed the seller about 3 times with no answer, and I've emailed Ford dealerships, wrecking yards, electronics suppliers, ebay sellers etc ... anyone in the UK I thought might be able to help ... so far, not one reply.

I pride myself on being pretty good at sourcing stuff but this has me stumped ... and maybe I should have posted here first, but does anyone have the connectors for Euro tails to sell ... or know where I could buy them?

TIA - Ken.

This is a pic of the connector on the light side.
[Image: 100_3366.jpg]
do you know the pin out? if it's only lights you could find out easily enough.
Anyways, any electrical supply should have stak-ons to connect onto those pins, throw some heatshrink over them so they don't ever short out on each other. Should do the trick.
j3rt,Jun 27 2008, 01:22 PM Wrote:do you know the pin out?  if it's only lights you could find out easily enough.
Anyways, any electrical supply should have stak-ons to connect onto those pins, throw some heatshrink over them so they don't ever short out on each other.  Should do the trick.
[right][snapback]267908[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Jeremy - yes I can figure out the pins no problem ... what are stak ons and any idea where I can get them ... I've tried pushing various connectors onto those pins, but they're so close together I couldn't do it.
if you dont mind searching, i found a few different pigtails for my car here

http://www.motorcraft.com

http://www.motorcraft.com/products.do?item=23

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pig...atalog.pdf

hope this helps
I know how to solve this problem without going sodering the wires directly to the light bulb boards.

Do you have a 3 stage sedan wiring harness? - it makes it a lot easier to wire up the tail lights. I did the plug method with scrap wiring ends from wreaked focus's, it's just a matter of time to plug and play when setting them up.
Frost__2001,Jun 27 2008, 04:21 PM Wrote:I know how to solve this problem without going sodering the wires directly to the light bulb boards.

Do you have a 3 stage sedan wiring harness? - it makes it a lot easier to wire up the tail lights. I did the plug method with scrap wiring ends from wreaked focus's, it's just a matter of time to plug and play when setting them up.
[right][snapback]267921[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Philip ... yes I have the Focus 3-stage wiring harness so I've got that part figured out (connecting to the car side...

what I need to do now is modify that harness with the Euro specific plug / connector for the "bulb" side which is the connector pictured above ... it's entirely different than the NA plug on the wagon - and yes I've checked the Motorcraft pigtail catalogue and even called them ... no joy from them.

Maybe I'll try modifying the fitting with NA bulb holders.
have you tired using just a regular very small connectors like these?
[Image: sata_connector-2.jpg]

just use a heat shrink tubing to cover them up once you are done with the wiring. (that way they will not spark when they are tocuhing) [Image: d_10998.gif]
I had to use a similar system for the Escape headlight retro fit and its been working for the past 13 months.
lol mo I did that with my Euro tail lights and 2+ years later the still work fine, though I didn't add the plastic clips, as everything in there is snug with the oem ford connecters.

I can do the the work for you I'd need the harness for one night to strip it back and a light blub board to get the right size for connecter to plug and play with it, and mark it all up, I have all the things I need to set it up, it would take be about an hour to re-install the harness and plug and play with it, to finish it. that is if you want to go that route Ken.

of course, for the rear foglight I don't know how you'd want to set that up, you can either have it as a back up light or hooked up to an independent switch.. that being the case, I'd leave that slot empty on the one side with a loose wire in there not hooked up to anything so you could hook it up later on.