FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My 1st Cel Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been boosted for 4 years now and i got my 1st CEL light ever yesturday after a quick spray down at the coin wash. stopped in had a coffee opened my exhaust went for a boot around the block with a buddy and it was gone so im like alright cool. then on my way home just cruizing with my exhaust cutout closed i noticed it came back on so im thinking it might be something with an EGT or something so heres my question i have an x cal 2 but never used it to read any engine codes and i haven't picked it up in over a year and a half so i don't remember how to do it. is there an option to read cel as soon as you plug it in or do i have to mess around with it i just wanna get the code and clear it if possible
Yep, just plug it in and when it tells you turn the key to the "On" position" and scroll through the options until you hit "Read DTC" codes.

NefCanuck
You can clear them too, theres two options, read DTC's or Clear DTC's. Also Im sure you know this but focusfanatics.com has a page in there
"How To" section that has all the DTC codes :) Easy stuff
Even I did it and I'm as mechanically inclined as a monkey on crack.
Burnin21,Jun 27 2008, 11:34 AM Wrote:You can clear them too, theres two options, read DTC's or Clear DTC's. Also Im sure you know this but focusfanatics.com has a page in there
"How To" section that has all the DTC codes :) Easy stuff
[right][snapback]267899[/snapback][/right]
We have them here too:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=12546
thanks OAC thats really helpfull but when i went to my car and started it up it was gone and no record of cel ill keep this in mind for next time whenever that will be
Keep the DTC reader in your glove box for a while just in case it pops up when your driving.. this way you can at least get the code..