FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cosworth Swap Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was doing what i do best at work when im not busy waste time and i came acroos this website. You guys have to check out this thread he started with a base model euro focus and converted it to a 4wd cosworth Focus. Its insane im so in love with it the paint all the carbon fiber pieces its just amazing. I even saw a post from COCHYN on that site he was holding out i would have loved to see this earlier. If this guy can build this beautiful machine theres no reason why we can't do the same thing with a stock us Focus other than the money issue.

http://passionford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220704
ZX3_2NV,Jun 20 2008, 07:49 PM Wrote:other than the money issue.
[right][snapback]267488[/snapback][/right]

maybe you can be the next guy to drop $100k for 300whp :D
that motor pushes 520 whp
WOW!
if only i could afford it, id definately do it to my 2000 focus
ZX3_2NV,Jun 20 2008, 09:06 PM Wrote:that motor pushes 520 whp
[right][snapback]267493[/snapback][/right]

using 100 octane race fuel on an engine dyno for bragging rights? guess i'm always skeptical with these builds posted on teh interweb. they never seem to be reliable enough for actual track use..

perfect example: he posts all these custom AWD parts and then follows up with

Front : Federal RS 595 Semislick 225-40-18
Rear : Federal RS 595 Semislick 245-35-18

there is 1" difference in the circumference of those tires. the center diff is going to get destroyed from the constant difference in rotation speeds of the front and rear tires. perhaps the front and rear diffs have slightly different gearing to compensate for this?

i doubt it.. i think those wide rear tires are to get the 'phat' euro stylez dish wheels with a big lip and a 'mean look' from the wide tires

looks like he is build a show car winnar

02ztsian

naz,Jun 20 2008, 02:16 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]267490[/snapback][/right]
Looks like it was closer to 100K Euros...
Gotta hand it to him-nice work but people will always question that much expense on a Focus. Props to him for a killer ride!
naz,Jun 20 2008, 03:16 PM Wrote:

didn't he already? LOL

anyways, 3 days into project and i would probably give up :rolleyes:
stunning
Nice car. Buy a house. Invest better. Have toys you can afford with a house, family, cars etc..

Unless you live with M&D.
I watched the video of the car and thought it would have been better if he actually pushed the car a little harder. Very nice work was done putting that car together. Nice fit and finish.
02ztsian,Jun 20 2008, 04:46 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 20 2008, 02:16 PM Wrote:

Looks like it was closer to 100K Euros...
Gotta hand it to him-nice work but people will always question that much expense on a Focus. Props to him for a killer ride!
[right][snapback]267510[/snapback][/right]

Im prob the next one behind dean to spend the most $$$ on a Focus but nowhere near 100 g's
^^^I think Simon might have spend more then you and most people
which car does Simon has? was it a white ZX5?
I really doubt that but i wouldn't mind taking a look at his car is he still around? any pics?
ZX3_2NV,Jun 24 2008, 01:14 PM Wrote:I really doubt that but i wouldn't mind taking a look at his car is he still around? any pics?
[right][snapback]267722[/snapback][/right]

he sold the car some time ago to someone in Florida... The car was a WRC replica -- minus the AWD .. the car was amazing...

However, that was some time ago, and most of the old links to his build pictures are no longer...

ohh i rememeber it. what was done to the motor? because body kit, interior and stickers don't cost that much
yeah, it was turbo'd if I remember correctly... never saw the car in person, so I can't say really...