FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New To The Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just signed up here. Picked up a 2002 Focus ZX5 for commuting. Bright RED and not any modifications as of yet at this time. I'm 6'6" and actually have enough head room something hard to find in small cars these days... unless you lay the seat back!

Looking for more info about the car in general good n bad. I am currently replacing a bad alternator. Hoping for info on the cable that runs from the alternator through above the starter to the battery. Is this all one cable or is it 2 pieces that just meet at the starter?

Looks like a great place for info thanks for having me!!

Shoesvette
welcome aboard, I'm sure someone will be able to give you some advice. :)
yeah I love my 2001 focus too, and I'm 6'6" tall too... best headroom in class I think, welcome to the board.
welcome!!

and that cable is one cable that connects everythign and has about 3 grounds along the way. it also has a fusable link in it. if thats your problem also, you will have to replace it, i think it is about $100 at the dealer. you could also do the "big 3" which basically is a connecting a lower gauge wire inline with the current cable.
X2 on doing Big 3

welcome by the way
Welcome, you must not have a sunroof 'cause that really cuts into the headroom on a Focus :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 19 2008, 07:41 PM Wrote:Welcome, you must not have a sunroof 'cause that really cuts into the headroom on a Focus :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]267408[/snapback][/right]

Thats true my old Focus had the sunroof and it was tight for headroom. My 08 has tons. ;)
Welcome to fc.net