FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Small Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a small rant. As my signature says, I live in Bowmanville, home of the Darlington Nuclear Station. The Provincial Government announced earlier this week that the Government will be expanding the plant by building two new reactors, and construction will take 8-10 years to complete. Although I really have no concerns about the thought of all that radiation, just kilometers away....I am concerned that the local Timmies, which is already overcrowded at the best of times, will get even slower. :angry: :blink: :)
Just tried Tim's hashbrown today. .99 + tax for a small, burnt, tasteless speck of potato? Nevr again.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with the radiation either.
ahhh...spent a month there with boilermakers on feerder replacement job...Darling is a pretty good plant, great people unlike Pickering ....but even then both of them are pretty "dirty" inside.....alot of loose contimination and dozes are pretty "high"(u need to be inside the unit for 5-6 hours just equalent to one X-ray :) ) and tritium is kinda high too...so you have to wear plastic suit......i worked right on the face of CANDU nuclear reactor there for 2.5 hours,doing what i do, electrical stuff. and my doze for whole body was only 53mRem, for one X-ray at your doctors you get anywhere from 150 to 500mRem.....oh and all the people that live kilometer away or near the plant only get 0.1mRem yearly......thats like nothing...so no worries you won't grow 3 leg haha

I just came back from New Brunswick, was there for a month at LePraue plant and that is the best place i've worked so far...so clean inside of the Unit that you're aloud to walk in inside with your own clothes. And like barrely any dose. It was great.
But yea i know what Timmies you're talking about....when i was on nights it wasn't too bad.
And when are they planning to start building 2 other units? I guess they wanna sell more power to US, cause 4 units that they have right now are producing 850MWatts each, thats not small and not little.
Looks like im gonna be going back there in January to make a jump in Unit 3.
Anything that reduces our reliance on foreign electricity is a win for Ontario - be it clean coal, nuclear or "green" power - hydro, wind or solar.
Think of it this way oldeguy...

If the demand spikes you can bet your coffee cup that the Tim's will either be expanded or a second location built. That's one thing Tim's does well, adapt to changing market conditions (Hell, with all the changes to their menu recently they'd give McD's a run as a choice for a meal)

NefCanuck
CanadaSVT,Jun 18 2008, 09:52 AM Wrote:Just tried Tim's hashbrown today.  .99 + tax for a small, burnt, tasteless speck of potato?  Nevr again.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with the radiation either.
[right][snapback]267207[/snapback][/right]

Did Timmies nuke the potato speck?
NefCanuck,Jun 18 2008, 10:24 AM Wrote:Think of it this way oldeguy...

If the demand spikes you can bet your coffee cup that the Tim's will either be expanded or a second location built.  That's one thing Tim's does well, adapt to changing market conditions (Hell, with all the changes to their menu recently they'd give McD's a run as a choice for a meal)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]267215[/snapback][/right]
Apparently, this Timmies is the fastest for drive thru service in Ontario. Which doesn't do the guy hanging out onto the on ramp from the town road to the 401 any good. You go in there anytime on Saturday or Sunday morning and it take a 1/2 hour to get your cup of addiction. The town just did some traffic management design to make it easier to get around the traffic jams. The town won't approve a new Timmies, unless the new one doesn't have a drive- thru..........
Thats reason enough not to move there. Never mind the harmless reactors. No more drive-thru Timmies. F That!! LOL
just remembered.....Darlington nuke plant has their own Timmies inside....so i don't know man.....i'd reither stay at the site's TH reither then go change , go through whole security building ....by the time i get out i wasted 20-25min
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 18 2008, 10:54 AM Wrote:Thats reason enough not to move there. Never mind the harmless reactors.  No more drive-thru Timmies.  F That!!  LOL
[right][snapback]267223[/snapback][/right]
But you can go fishing downtown................
oldeguy,Jun 18 2008, 09:44 AM Wrote:The town won't approve a new Timmies, unless the new one doesn't have a drive- thru..........
[right][snapback]267220[/snapback][/right]

Ah the old "No more drive throughs because of the environmental impact" dance :rolleyes:

Too late you dunderheads that genie is out of the bottle and you aren't going to be able to stuff that one back in, no matter how hard you try (I know a couple of Tim's here in Mississauga w/o drivethroughs (either too old or no space to build) and dear god getting around them is a nightmare, NVM going inside :ph34r:

I go in to the Tims when I'm by myself. Haven't found a car yet that let's me get my order and pay for it without nearly dumping everything on my lap anyways (and that's with the Tims card) :(

NefCanuck
I don't drink coffee... so I can't relate.

However, timmies has nearly gotten me addicted to the frozen capuccinos and breakfast sandwiches... they put crack in everything, dont' they?
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2008, 10:15 AM Wrote:I don't drink coffee... so I can't relate.

However, timmies has nearly gotten me addicted to the frozen capuccinos and breakfast sandwiches... they put crack in everything, dont' they?
[right][snapback]267232[/snapback][/right]

Yep, Timmy crack... it's why I'm glad that there isn't a convienient drive through on my way to work, otherwise I'd go broke on that habit :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck