FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sirius Sattelite Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got an '08 Focus today while my '05 Focus ST is at the dealer for repairs and I'm loving the built in Sirius radio. What I want to know is if it's possible to buy something to make it built in to my factory Sony system that is already in my '05 ST? I don't really want the portable ones with cables dangling everywhere...I'd like everything to look clean.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Raypro,Jun 17 2008, 07:54 PM Wrote:I got an '08 Focus today while my '05 Focus ST is at the dealer for repairs and I'm loving the built in Sirius radio. What I want to know is if it's possible to buy something to make it built in to my factory Sony system that is already in my '05 ST? I don't really want the portable ones with cables dangling everywhere...I'd like everything to look clean.

Anyone have any suggestions?
[right][snapback]267126[/snapback][/right]
You'd have to buy a new head unit that is Sirius-ready and get the receiver module. Not a cheap proposition, but that's all you have if the cables bother you that much.

Personally I have a Sportster 5; I got the PIE interface module so it goes into my AUX input -- all the cables are bundled together in a wire wrap, it doesn't look too bad. The hardest part was that I had to make a polished stainless steel disk to adhere to the dash so it gave something for the suction cup to stick to.
actually you can hide all the wires..
have done this to mine, to my friend anhd to my customers..
you won't see any wires..

i will post pic of my setup if you would like to see..
I hid most of the wiring, I have one spiral wrap coming over the dash -- only because I didn't want to do any dash cutting/drilling. The '05 Focus dash doesn't have too may convenient spots to route wires.
does not need any cutting or drilling..
i have done on 05+ focus at my work..
Where did you mount it?

1 was on the ac vent and another one was near a pillar..
here is pic of my setup..
not sirius but xm..

i got this for $9.99 when there was NHL package..

[Image: IMG_4677.jpg]
I see. Personally I hated the vent clip mount. It rattles and shakes too much -- I like a sturdier setup. I'll post a pic of mine when I have a chance.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2008, 10:27 PM Wrote:I see. Personally I hated the vent clip mount. It rattles and shakes too much -- I like a sturdier setup. I'll post a pic of mine when I have a chance.
[right][snapback]267155[/snapback][/right]

iu don't have problem with rattling/shaking
konafocuswrc,Jun 18 2008, 08:56 AM Wrote:iu don't have problem with rattling/shaking
[right][snapback]267189[/snapback][/right]
Maybe the one that comes with the Sirius unit I have is different -- it was pretty damned flimsy.
aren't they giving 2 different length of clip, no??

short one works good but then again, i might have used xm clips sitting in the install bay..