FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Burning A Podcast Mp3 To Cd With Seperate Tracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I've tried audacity, mp3 splitter, etc.. you name it. I still end up with pauses when splitting an mp3 into multiple tracks. Is there a CD burning software such as Nero or Roxio that will split it and burn it, and its not an illegal download because we ca not discuss that on here. And that doesn't have pauses or gaps in betwen tracks. I've done it before, but the program I used to use is no longer being made and cant find it.
What about using .cue points instead of seperate tracks/files. It's how some audiobooks are cut up, one file with cues. When you press track forward, the device 'should' jump to the next cue. Playback will be seamlessy as it's still one file.
Audacity can do it, as it's how we are chopping up... old mixed tapes...
Anytime you save an .mp3 it adds silence at the beginning and end of the sound file.

When cropping out separate tracks out of a dj mix you should save each track as a .wav file so when you add them together again on the cd mix there won't be any silence between songs and will flow as if you hadn't added track markers.

I personally use Soundforge for all my mixes before I burn them to cd, cause I hate when I want to hear a track 40 mins into the mix and I have to fast forward.

If you use .wav files they don't leave a moment of silence before and after like an .mp3.

If your using nero you can add the .wav files and before you burn use the no pause between tracks button on the right hand side.

If you have aol instant messenger (AIM - nusense101) hit me up I can send you a program to chop and convert audio files in.
It's one MP3, its a DJ Set. and all the songs are blended together, thats the point of it too its supposed to be like that. So I know where to mark the tracks as cue points, but I need an easy way to mark where all the tracks change, and then burn it as disc at once. (Track at once leaves a gap between the tracks, it sounds really bad when your playing a song and its doing a crossover transition and there is a 1 second gap between, especially when I have to lend it out to a friend who may want to syndicate it on an overnight radio program, gaps are a big no no.
Here's a good how to using Audacity

Audacity is a nifty little freeware recording program that works on Mac, Windows, Linux and well pretty much anything. Its by no means the ‘best’ solution for your audio-editing needs, but its Free, its Easy, and it will work for anyone.

Once you’ve recorded and exported your mix, you will need to open the WAV file in Audacity (assuming you’ve already downloaded and installed the freeware). Once the mix has been loaded you can play or “scrub” through the mix, and, using the blue “pause” buttons, not the yellow “stop” button, you can hold the play marker at the exact place you want to set the next track at.

We are going to use “labels” to make our track markers. You can name each marker also and choose to export the tracks by label name or numbering consecutively.

First, set a label at the start of the mix by going to the menu option: “Project” > “Add Label at Selection” (Hotkey Windows: “CTRL + B” Mac: “APPLEKEY + B”)

Navigate to the next place you want a cd marker and repeat this process, all the way until you are at the last track in the mix. Once you’ve finished labelling each track, go to menu: “File” > “Export Multiple”.

Audacity will now export all your mix into the separate tracks, labels as you like, into the format and folder of your choosing. How easy was that!

The final stage requires putting the new tracks on a CD and setting it to play without little annoying gaps between each track.

To copy your music to an audio CD you are going to need software to ‘burn’ it with in the first place. iTunes will do it for you, as will Windows Media Player, both are free, but I prefer to use Toast (on Mac) and Nero (on windows). If you need to burn Red Book standard then I suggest using Toast on Mac, for Windows you can burn Red Book with Wavelab (which would negate the need for Audacity). There are other Red Book compliant burning softwares out there for PC but I’ll let you find what suits your needs.

For gapless playback, you need to import all your files into the burning software (by dragging them into the project window or importing from the menu), and change the default pause between each track from the standard 2 seconds to zero. The first track requires a mandatory 2 seconds but that will not affect the change from track 1 to 2. Each burning software does this differently so a little discovery might be inorder for you. After removing the 2 second gaps, you will want to choose the option to burn “Disc-At-Once” to prevent any subtle clicks in the playback.

That’s about it really. There is an alternative option in Audacity which requires exporting a “cue-sheet” for the lables you’ve made in the single file mix. You can read about it and the rest of this process in much finer detail on the Audacity site here.
Audacity
Also what style of music is the mix?
Mashup Top 40.
There used to be a program that split it into tracks, and burned it all at once... anyone know of such similar program?