FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bankrupt!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a notice that X-Copper is bankrupt and that I'm on my own for fighting my ticket. Sons a b*tches. This blows, as if getting a bogus ticket wasn't bad enough, now this. Like I have the $$ to pay other representation.
I really hope they get a sh*tload of bad karma out this stunt.
I couldn't believe it when I was reading the letter, like it was some joke a buddy was playing.

gaaaahhhh
That really sucks!

What kind of ticket were they fighting for you?

get there early and see if you can talk to the prosicutor you self?
I really hope you haven't given them any money yet. I hope it all goes well on your day in court.
Bankrupt? Or a majority of their staff couldn't pass the paralegal exam? :ph34r: (Then again I passed so... :lol:)

NefCanuck
hope you only paid a depost for them, when i used something similar i paid a deposit and then the remander on pretty much the day before my court date
I was using them for a ticket as well (I got one the day I bought my car, though a week before I picked it up).

x-copper is weird. They gave me some paperwork to fill out. Asked for my CC# and charged it immediately for what worked out to the same as my ticket was worth. Very odd thing IMO for them to do. Then, the charge on the CC was not the name of the person I was dealing with, nor was it in x-coppers name.

So when I found out x-copper went bankrupt on CBC (a few weeks ago), I called VISA. I told them x-copper had gone bankrupt, there's a charge on my VISA from what I think is them, though it's not in xcoppers name nor the person I dealt withs name. VISA gave me my money back.

The persons name who it was in tried to contact me, wanted me to call them. I told them email would be good enough, as I work odd hours and don't have time to call. They never responded to the email.

So no idea, but I got my money back in the end.

Now to go represent myself whenever I receive a court date (I figured I'd have received that by now? Filed it May 15th)
wow i wonder if they made out with any money, My old gym just screwed over a bunch of there members. They just had a crazy spring special blah blah get ready for summer and then yesturday people showed up to work out and there was an eviction notice on the door they didn't pay rent for the last 3 months and made off with all the membership money my buddy still goes there but he payed monthly so he only lost out on about $30 but i can imagine the people that just signed up a month ago for $200 Privetly own gyms beware anythign can happen
Your buddies at the gym should also be careful if they gave the gym their CC#'s or bank acct. #'s to do pre authorized withdrawals....

Might be a rather large UN authorized withdrawal there real soon :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Premier fitness used to be notorious for taking 'loans' off of people's credit cards, and refunding the amount at a later date or when someone noticed the discrepancy in their bills.

im at premier now and they seem pretty good with my by weekly payments as for any more withdraws that would just be asking for trouble he already made off with enough money and techniclly he didn't do any illegal so i highly doubt they will charge any more cc or bank accounts