FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Water Fuel System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HAs anyone heard of these guys? Tempted, but i dont want to be taken for a fool. Could such thing be even possible?

http://www.waterfuelsystem.com/wfs.php?page=information

How does it work:
The WFS Hydrogen Unit provides combustion enhancement by mixing hydrogen and oxygen with the vehicle's intake air, resulting in a more complete burn of the fuel in the internal combustion engine.

The scientific theory of burning fuel more efficiently in a hydrogen enriched air mixture has been acknowledged for some time. The WFS hydrogen unit gasifies distilled water by separating hydrogen and oxygen molecules creating hydrogen and oxygen gases. These gases are produced only while the engine is running. A hose from the WFS hydrogen unit delivers the gas to the intake of the vehicle, allowing the gas and fuel vapour to mix resulting in a more complete burn of the fuel. Burning the fuel in the combustion chamber more completely will increase fuel mileage and horsepower, while reducing emissions.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-R...QQAdIdZ57214837
i was going to go for it, but they are asking to many personal questions in the APPLY on LINE section. Makes you wonder what they are up to.

Why should i tell them how much money i make or what is my SIN number if i'm going to instal a 1500$ item in my car. WTF!!!!
That smells way to much like a scam folks... stay far, far away...

NefCanuck
They are located in Bowmanville.... like 5 mins from my house!

Want me to go check it out? get more info?

Apply on line could be for a dealer application maybe?
scam for sure. don't get suckered in

seriously, if this stuff was feasible you better believe a big car company would be all over it. could you imagine how much $$$ they would make selling cars run with water
yeah i sent an email to this guy and responded back in 10 min. It was more like a cut and paste sort of thing bc he didnt answer any of my questions. Also i asked for refferal but didnt give any.

Anyways. I guess these days ppl are looking to make a quick buck bc of high gas prices.
SCAM. This is a billion dollar idea. You'd think they'd register their own domain for under $10 instead of piggybacking on some crappy one.
they just do whatever is top of mind for people, so they are more likely to find people who are willing to give up their personal information. i bet that 'reply' is just automated and not really from a real person.

in the US the big thing right now is the rebate cheques being given out by the IRS. tons of scams popping up around that.

it isn't surprising someone is making something up around gas prices
Read the disclaimer page. This company is not responsible for anything, no even information transmitted via e-mail. LOL It was a good read, I got a chuckle reading it.
If I was in the area I'd go over and check it out. It sounds like explosive snake oil, folks!
EPIC FAIL + EPIC SCAM

Quote:The WFS hydrogen unit gasifies distilled water by separating hydrogen and oxygen molecules creating hydrogen and oxygen gases.

This process is called electrolysis. you pass an electric current through a water/acid solution to break two water molecules into 2 H2 (hydrogen gas) and an O2 (oxygen) molecule.

The problem is that the energy needed to split the water molecule is huge ... and the efficiencey of the process is at best 75%. So how would you make enough current to make enough hydrogen to make a difference? Well, simple. Strap a big-ass generator to your engine. Problem? Well, think about it. It takes energy to drive the generator. That energy comes from the engine. Since a good generator has an efficiency of 95%, you are still at an energy debt of (.95 x .75) 71% before you even start.

It is even doubtful that you can electrolyze the water fast enough to make an appreciable amount of hydrogen as fuel in such a small system. Lets say your engine has a moderate WOT airflow of 200 CFM. A 1% hydrogen solution would mean that your electrolysis machine would have to make 2CFM of hydrogen gas. That's HUGE!

Want to know how the scam works? Water and water/methane injection has been on use since WWII on airplanes. Inject a small amount of water vapour to cool the intake air charge. You can get more air/fuel mixture into the cylinder and it gives a little power. It is almost like a nitrous oxide charge with the exception that NO burns better.

It's also hard on the engine if you run it at its full potential. WWII fighters had a time limit they could use the methane system, that they called it "war EMERGENCY power".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_emergency_power
This place is just down the road and over the hill, past Timmies from me. I'll check to see if the building is occupuied, and for how long :P
lets do some invesigating