FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: See Doo Owners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all
well the summer is here so i wanna buy myself a good water toy aka a nice sporty Sea Doo.

any of you guys know what i should be looking at when i go and see one tonight?

It's 1997 GTX 3 seater, 110hp, goes a little over 50mph....comes with a trailer,cover,new battery and a jacket...pretty much ready for the water

i thing though...its got 220hours of riding on it....is that alot for these type of toys?

the way the seller says its in perfect condition....

also i know i need Boating lisence and insuarence for a year......but he told me i do not need insuarence!

anyways i wanna go riding that thing ASAP! :D
NikiterZTS,Jun 16 2008, 05:05 PM Wrote:hi all
well the summer is here so i wanna buy myself a good water toy aka a nice sporty Sea Doo.

any of you guys know what i should be looking at when i go and see one tonight?

It's 1997 GTX 3 seater, 110hp, goes a little over 50mph....comes with a  trailer,cover,new battery and a jacket...pretty much ready for the water

i thing though...its got 220hours of riding on it....is that alot for these type of toys? 

also i know i need Boating lisence and insuarence for a year......but he told me i do not need insuarence!

anyways i wanna go riding that thing ASAP!   :D
[right][snapback]266952[/snapback][/right]

you can not buy anything that goes faster then the focus :) please stay within the HP of the focus. :D
The right thing to do is to call your insurance company first off and get a seasonal quote on just the SeaDoo. Then, figure out how the hell you're getting it to the water and back. Trailers are your best bet by far, and you'll need to insure that as well, plate it, etc.

Good luck!
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 16 2008, 05:27 PM Wrote:The right thing to do is to call your insurance company first off and get a seasonal quote on just the SeaDoo. Then, figure out how the hell you're getting it to the water and back. Trailers are your best bet by far, and you'll need to insure that as well, plate it, etc.

Good luck!
[right][snapback]266958[/snapback][/right]

crap so by the time you are done with it its going to cost you lot of money :(
mo_focus,Jun 16 2008, 12:30 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 16 2008, 05:27 PM Wrote:The right thing to do is to call your insurance company first off and get a seasonal quote on just the SeaDoo. Then, figure out how the hell you're getting it to the water and back. Trailers are your best bet by far, and you'll need to insure that as well, plate it, etc.

Good luck!
[right][snapback]266958[/snapback][/right]

crap so by the time you are done with it its going to cost you lot of money :(
[right][snapback]266960[/snapback][/right]

Plus AFAIK the Focus isn't rated to tow anything (Or if it is, 500lbs. at best, which is a no go with the seadoo *&* trailer) so figure in the cost of at least the rental of a tow vehicle...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 16 2008, 01:44 PM Wrote:Plus AFAIK the Focus isn't rated to tow anything (Or if it is, 500lbs. at best, which is a no go with the seadoo *&* trailer) so figure in the cost of at least the rental of a tow vehicle...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266964[/snapback][/right]
I don't know about the sedan or hatch (pretty sure they're all the same), but the wagon is rated to tow 1,000 lbs and there are a number of good reasonably priced hitches available.
guys there's no way im gonna tow it with la focus.....i will have to borrow my parents taurus station wagon....and ya i need buy a hitch as well
NikiterZTS,Jun 16 2008, 05:05 PM Wrote:i thing though...its got 220hours of riding on it....is that alot for these type of toys? 

[right][snapback]266952[/snapback][/right]

of course the seller says it is in perfect condition.. and of course you don't need insurance.. anything to get cash in his hand and the money pit toy into yours :ph34r:

i think that is a lot of hours, and its an old machine. think of that PWC like a dirt bike/ racing bike.... a track day is around 2hrs of flat out riding. i wouldn't buy a bike with 110 track days of riding.. so no, i would not buy a PWC with 220hrs of use (you better believe that PWC engine has seen sustained high rpm use just like a race bike)

and btw are you for real.. PWC without insurance.. unbelievable.
oh come on....who needs insuarence? :lol:
NikiterZTS,Jun 16 2008, 06:57 PM Wrote:oh come on....who needs insuarence?  :lol:
[right][snapback]266973[/snapback][/right]

ppl who have net worth and income they want to protect

i suppose ppl with no assets and no prospects don't need insurance

nothing personal but that's my perception in general of ppl who choose to operate a vehicle of any sort uninsured
i wouldn't insure it by the time somehting actuall happns with the money u saved from insurance u can buy another one urself lol how much are they asking for it seems like alot of hours but i don't know about this stuff either and ive seen focus tow small trailers and skidoos before
These things are a TOTAL waste of money.
Absolute complete waste of cash.
gas $$$
insurance $$$
need a car with hitch
need to find launch.
need to find storage
maintenance etc...

and they get boring after about an hour.

Good luck.
you'll be looking to sell it next year and no one will want it.
the dealers have all sorts of great ways to sell you one ie: lease to own etc.... by the time you pay it off, you've paid 3 times what it's worth. All for something you can use 2 months a year.

AND they depreciate worse than cars.

Trust me, my family had one up until about 5 years ago.

ZX3_2NV,Jun 17 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:i wouldn't insure it by the time somehting actuall happns with the money u saved from insurance u can buy another one urself lol
[right][snapback]267058[/snapback][/right]

if you and nik aren't kidding around... wow. what do you guys carry for car liablility insurance? the minimum $10k property damage, $200k total liability? $10k in property damage would barely cover cosmetic damage to a new BMW's front end.. remind me to stay well away from focus drivers when i am in canada

insurance isn't to replace your PCW.. that's pocket change..

insurance is to protect you from liability in case your drunk friend plows into a boat or a swimmer and causes massive property damage and loss of life..
people who operate boats and the such without insurance are assholes. It's people like those who end up ruining people lives by their stupidity.

Please insure your water craft!
im not sure how much insurance will cost for watercrafts but im sure its pretty redicilous expecially for young guys like me and Nik
ZX3_2NV,Jun 17 2008, 01:05 PM Wrote:im not sure how much insurance will cost for watercrafts but im sure its pretty redicilous expecially for young guys like me and Nik
[right][snapback]267077[/snapback][/right]

Yup.
Boating in general is huge $$$ it's not a hobby for the faint of heart... that's for sure.
ANTHONYD,Jun 17 2008, 06:35 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jun 17 2008, 01:05 PM Wrote:im not sure how much insurance will cost for watercrafts but im sure its pretty redicilous expecially for young guys like me and Nik

Yup.
Boating in general is huge $$$ it's not a hobby for the faint of heart... that's for sure.
[right][snapback]267089[/snapback][/right]

pretty much anything involving internal combustion engines is $$$ sorry

IMHO, you guys should look for rental places instead
Once I get a trailer hitch and utility trail for the Escape, my money's going into a gently-used quad. Year-round use when maintained properly! :D
ANTHONYD,Jun 17 2008, 11:42 AM Wrote:people who operate boats and the such without insurance are assholes. It's people like those who end up ruining people lives by their stupidity.

Please insure your water craft!
[right][snapback]267074[/snapback][/right]

Hell, insure everything owned or rented. There are so many calls I get from tenants who are screwed because they have no insurance and the landlord isn't at fault for the loss, meaning their SOL <_<

NefCanuck
naz,Jun 17 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 17 2008, 06:35 PM Wrote:

Yup.
[right][snapback]267089[/snapback][/right]

pretty much anything involving internal combustion engines is $$$ sorry

IMHO, you guys should look for rental places instead
[right][snapback]267091[/snapback][/right]

trust me....i rented on before..........for $100/hour :rolleyes: .....so yea that's why i want my own
plus i doubt that i'd get sick of it......u guys said i'd get sick oh my stupid pocket bike....but i rip on it around any chance i get :lol:
Pages: 1 2