FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Happy Fathers Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well to those parents out there, Happy Fathers Day. Hope you have as much fun today as I plan on having, doing NOTHING!!!
x2. I also plan doing nothing! Except take wife to mother-in-laws, do some groceries, take mother-in-law to her other daughters.....etc etc

See, nothing!
I saw the father-in-law last night and help put a new roof on his house, I was fine yesterday but I'm hurting today.
I took the kids to the Flyfest at Hamilton Airport. The boys are slowly learning to recognise the Lancaster bomber that their Grandpa flew in WW2.
Then took the boys to Grandpa's and let them tell him all that he missed, and he explained the differences between the Mustang and the Spitfire to them.
Then we got caught in the rainstorm last night.
Another fun father's day for the memory bank.
Called my Dad first thing in the morning, went to a fish fry for the G/F's stepfather last night. Pickerel - yum!
CanadaSVT,Jun 16 2008, 10:57 AM Wrote:I took the kids to the Flyfest at Hamilton Airport.  The boys are slowly learning to recognise the Lancaster bomber that their Grandpa flew in WW2.
Then took the boys to Grandpa's and let them tell him all that he missed, and he explained the differences between the Mustang and the Spitfire to them. 
Then we got caught in the rainstorm last night.
Another fun father's day for the memory bank.
[right][snapback]266931[/snapback][/right]

That's awesome - and very moving for me, thanks for sharing this.

I spent the day with my kids, my wife and my mom ... and we talked about my dad (the grandpa they never knew because he passed before they were born) and a lot of time was spent talking about his WWII time spent flying the Halifax and the impact that experience had on him, and subsequently me and my brothers and sisters.

We planted a tree in his honour in the back yard and then ate ice cream while we watched the storm from the porch - a great day ... hope all dad's out there had a good one.

Cheers.
This was my first Father's Day without my dad and it was hard.

Went to the golf course, paid my respects at his marker and had lunch and that's when I think his sense of humour kicked in.

I sat down and ordered, sky looked decent but not great. While I'm waiting for my order though, the skies literally went black and all manner of thunder and lightining starts happening...

Then the hail started... My first thought was "Hail? Cool" my NEXT thought was "59 more payments! CRAP!! :ph34r:"

Luckily no harm no foul, but I can just imagine dad up there wherever he is laughing his arse off as I'm sitting there freaking out about the car getting pelted :P

NefCanuck