FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Interior Painting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I've been painting the house that I bought recently. I'm in one of the bedrooms, and have applied wall compound, sanded it down. Applied primer, and now the first coat of colour. within minutes, on one of the walls, I am getting bubbles. One was the sizes of a loonie!!! the rest are miniscule but still. The big bubble ended up popping and pulled off everything back down to the original paint that I started with. What the hell am I dealing with here. I am worried that the original paint could be and oil based paint, am I thinking along the right lines here. The House is approx 75 years old, so oil paint is possible, but why is it only on this one part of the wall, I'm not sure. pls help,
Prime the entire wall with Fresh Start from Benjamin Moore. You are dealing with oil based paint. In the future, to check if it is oil or water based, take some of your girlfirends nail polish on a swab and rub it on the walls. If the paint comes off, water based. If not it is definately oil.

Start new with the Fresh start and you won't have an issue. Because fresh start is alcohol based it will blend with the oil and water base paints. Great product.
If it is oil based, would that be why the compound came off too. It makes sense due to the fact its a water based substance... This really sucks. I didn't notice the bubble until I finished the whole room. How much effort is this going to be, when it comes to removing it all. Or did I just answer myself...........the beer is going down way too easy now......dammit!!!!!