FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had a headlight problem for about a year ago the light will go out and all I have to do was smack the lens and it would turn back on. Well last week it happened and it wouldn't come back on now I lost the other light fuses are good and bulbs are new, any ideas?
blue_light,Jun 13 2008, 12:38 PM Wrote:I have had a headlight problem for about a year ago the light will go out and all I have to do was smack the lens and it would turn back on. Well last week it happened and it wouldn't come back on now I lost the other light fuses are good and bulbs are new, any ideas?
[right][snapback]266798[/snapback][/right]

have you checked the plug connection at the headlight? it might be loose, and cause that very problem, or it could be a corroded wire in the harness, or one of the relays for the headlights is blown (they look expanded) I'd also say pull the light bulbs out and actually look at them, as they could in fact be blown already too.
Frost__2001,Jun 13 2008, 03:06 PM Wrote:
blue_light,Jun 13 2008, 12:38 PM Wrote:I have had a headlight problem for about a year ago the light will go out and all I have to do was smack the lens and it would turn back on. Well last week it happened and it wouldn't come back on now I lost the other light fuses are good and bulbs are new, any ideas?
[right][snapback]266798[/snapback][/right]

have you checked the plug connection at the headlight? it might be loose, and cause that very problem, or it could be a corroded wire in the harness, or one of the relays for the headlights is blown (they look expanded) I'd also say pull the light bulbs out and actually look at them, as they could in fact be blown already too.
[right][snapback]266823[/snapback][/right]
I checked the bulbs there fine and made sure they were in good. but i will check the other stuff thanks