FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Our Episode Of Rich Bride, Poor Bride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I am not sure if you all remember but last year I posted about being on the reality TV show Rich Bride, Poor Bride. Well the episode aired last night for the first time and it was so funny. It brought back a whole lot of memorys of the planning of our wedding. The episode is titled DIY Bride. If you missed it, which I think all of you did because I didn't tell any of you, its on again 5 more times this weekend. Please feel free to watch and give your input.

Here is the info for the upcoming shows.

Quote:Rich Bride, Poor Bride III:

Lindsey and Kevin got engaged, set a date for their wedding and then, Kevin got sick, so sick he was out of work for three months and therefore not able to save money for their big day. Rather than change their date Lindsey has taken on the burden of planning and financing the wedding by herself. She has a specific vision for the day, filled with lots of lilies but in order to achieve the look she’ll have to do it DIY. As she embarks on this adventure she gets more agitated with every passing task and Kevin is concerned the stress will send her over the edge. Even if Lindsey finds help, will she be able to rely on the goodwill of others to make a dream day? And will Wedding Planner David Vallee be able to help her create the dream she wants with a budget she can afford?

DIY Bride
Saturday, June 14, 2008
@ 6:00 AM ET/3:00 AM PT DIY Bride
Saturday, June 14, 2008
@ 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT DIY Bride
Sunday, June 15, 2008
@ 12:00 AM ET/9:00 PM PT DIY Bride
Sunday, June 15, 2008
@ 2:00 PM ET/11:00 AM PT DIY Bride
Monday, June 16, 2008
@ 10:00 AM ET/7:00 AM PT
Sounds like your brush with reality tv turned out better than mine.. I'll set the PVR -- I'm sure the GF will get a kick out of it at least.
So..... I can see the confusion now, wanting to watch an episode of a chick show. Careful guys, tell the girlfriends this is the only time this'll happen. Any shots of the Focus in the show?
It made the planning of our wedding so much fun. I would recomend anyone planning a wedding to apply to the show. The perks we recieved made everything worth while.

The Focus didn't make it through the editing of the episode. But its worth watching. Fun Times.
My g/f watches that pretty often and ive always argued that there has to be some kind of insentive or reinburstment for having them video tape your life and she keeps saying they get nothing from the show. so you tell me did you get anything for being on the show, any discount on honeymoon or anything ill see if i can catch it this weekend
Well we aren't supposed to give away any details but.... Some of the perks included the cotton candy and popcorn, her jewelry etc.

After all the filming and editing of this seasons episodes they were all played for a focus group and 2 of the shows were chosen as the best. One of the episodes chosen was ours and we won a $3000 Air Transat gift certificate which we used to go to a 5 star resort in the Myan this past spring.
so not alot i guess they could atleast pay for the wedding planner
That was included as well. Sorry about that.
yes I knew it I win ha im so gonna rub that in my g/f face but ill keep it on the dow low don't worry
ZX3_2NV,Jun 13 2008, 10:11 AM Wrote:yes I knew it I win ha im so gonna rub that in my g/f face but ill keep it on the dow low don't worry
[right][snapback]266777[/snapback][/right]
Be careful, you might be pressured into needing to be on the show :D
nice ..i'll watch it....just for u Kev :)

what channel is it on?
I don't normally watch this show, but I was flipping through the channels last night and I remembered that you mentioned that you'd be on this show. I turned it on, and there you were.

My wife thought that your wife was very "FRUGAL". :lol:

I watched the whole show waiting to see a glimpse of your car, but it was more "all about her".

Thanks for showing up Kev. You should have went for the Jamaican patties. :lol:
NikiterZTS,Jun 13 2008, 11:23 AM Wrote:nice ..i'll watch it....just for u Kev :)

what channel is it on?
[right][snapback]266793[/snapback][/right]

Rogers – 41/37, BELL ExpessVU - 601 , Star Choice – 562.
i hope u at least did weat Focuscanada.net t-shirt
If I had one. All we need is to get the Mods to arange a Group Buy or something. But its to late now.
Didn't get a chance to watch it over the weekend i was out at all the times it was on if you know of it being on again send me a pm
http://www.slice.ca/Slice/Watch/Default.aspx?ID=v

Ckick "Full Episodes"
then choose "Rich Bride Poor Bride - S3 - Full Episodes
Their Episode is #49
Man had to have his cotton candy
OAC_Sparky,Jun 21 2008, 08:53 PM Wrote:http://www.slice.ca/Slice/Watch/Default.aspx?ID=v

Ckick "Full Episodes"
then choose "Rich Bride Poor Bride - S3 - Full Episodes
Their Episode is #49
[right][snapback]267540[/snapback][/right]

Thanks man. I would have posted that but we were away camping all weekend. Check out the camping thread to see what happened to us. :angry:
It was a really entertaining episode. congrats guys!
Pages: 1 2