FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can We Get One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
oh I hope so I want one in black or a really nice blue :)
I want it, but theres no way I can have it :(
wow(except spoiler)..if this comes in, i am buying it..
or..

08 sti..
konafocuswrc,Jun 13 2008, 03:25 AM Wrote:08 sti..
[right][snapback]266740[/snapback][/right]

:D
that i the nicest car i have ever seen. ill take one in that green, it looks hot!! we better be getting the rs in 2010/11
Now, the next question is, how much will you pay? The most simplistic cost estimate is to look at the price of a Focus in the UK, and double it, to start, for over here. I think we'ed be looking at $40,000.00. So, all you young guys, stay in school, get a really good paying job, and start saving.
oldeguy,Jun 13 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:Now, the next question is, how much will you pay?
[right][snapback]266761[/snapback][/right]

if its not decontented from the UK version and built in the same place that builds the UK version i'd pay like $25k for it. if built by the ppl who built my '00 Zx3.. $19k

i can't justify more than $25k b/c my favorite awd/turbo car is $33k
Is there anything other than the bumpers holding us back from just importing them are selves like can some one buy one of these car normal lhd and bring it here and drive it?
oldeguy,Jun 13 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:Now, the next question is, how much will you pay? The most simplistic cost estimate is to look at the price of a Focus in the UK, and double it, to start, for over here. I think we'ed be looking at $40,000.00. So, all you young guys, stay in school, get a really good paying job, and start saving.
[right][snapback]266761[/snapback][/right]

no one will be paying $40k for a Focus RS in North America, and you cannot base a future price on that car by just doubling the amount that the people in the UK will pay. Overall pricing strategies in Europe are dramatically different than the pricing strategies in North America. I really wish people would stop thinking about the price over there for a car, and making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
FocusGuy7476,Jun 16 2008, 04:11 PM Wrote:making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
[right][snapback]266943[/snapback][/right]

estimating the price of a launch product based on in-market competitive products is pretty standard practice... i think it is totally valid to estimate focus RS pricing based on mazdaspeed3, wrx, sti, evo pricing

the reason the car doesn't come over is likely that fomoco does that pricing exercise and realizes the north american market won't pay a price that will give them the ROI they want

that said.. if i was fomoco.. i'd decontent the non essential items and import a couple of hundred as long as it is cash flow positive to throw a bone to rabid ford fans
FocusGuy7476,Jun 16 2008, 12:11 PM Wrote:no one will be paying $40k for a Focus RS in North America, and you cannot base a future price on that car by just doubling the amount that the people in the UK will pay. Overall pricing strategies in Europe are dramatically different than the pricing strategies in North America. I really wish people would stop thinking about the price over there for a car, and making up some imaginary price that it would cost over here.
[right][snapback]266943[/snapback][/right]

He did say he was taking a simplistic approach to the pricing ... but nonetheless; making a distinction between MSRP and transaction price, and looking at the closest available VW and Volvo models available here now, it is not stretching the imagination to think that a Focus RS would be 40 large in Canada ... even the ST would be well over 30.

Your comments about the different markets are valid ... but unfortunately because the potential volume for RS is likely much higher in Europe than it is here, that would have the effect of putting upward pressure on pricing ... or more likely, eliminate the possibility a Focus RS comes our way.

Your bottom line IMO is correct ... no one would pay 40k for a Focus RS in NA - but I also don't see it being feasible for much less than that from Ford Canada's perspective.