FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't. I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right. I cant switch into first either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
kram7171,Jun 11 2008, 11:11 AM Wrote:Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't.  I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right.  I cant switch into first either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
[right][snapback]266530[/snapback][/right]

Check the cables going to your trans. You may have to get under the car to see properly, some may have disconencted somehow.
If your cables go usually you can move the shifter (it happened to me). Your clutch could be fubared....... but I could be wrong!
Burnin21,Jun 11 2008, 10:35 PM Wrote:If your cables go usually you can move the shifter (it happened to me). Your clutch could be fubared....... but I could be wrong!
[right][snapback]266599[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like the clutch slave cylinder has gone (apparently a common problem with the 05-07 models) ... when that happened to me I got it to the dealer by matching revs and applying slight pressure on the shifter to change gears ... other than being stuck in gear the other symptom was a clutch pedal that basically went to the floor with very little pressure. Good luck.
kram7171,Jun 11 2008, 11:11 AM Wrote:Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't.  I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right.  I cant switch into first either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
[right][snapback]266530[/snapback][/right]

Any update on this ... here's the TSB info I referenced earlier about the clutch slave cylinder

TSB 06-23-1, OASIS Service Codes: 505000, 505200, 506000, 510000
2006-2007 Focus - Transmission Fluid Leaks From Bell Housing or Inability to Shift into Gear Due To Clutch Slave Cylinder Leak