FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hello All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
we all happy to say sold the car

it is now gone after sitting in the garage for 3 years and dumping $100k into it

the car was sick will miss it had some fun and some good times with it

now i drive a Lotus Elise

so if any of the old guys are around drop me a line

email is the same

bbp@ica.net

the focus was great and fun will never forget it
and i dont think any of you will too
yea i've seen you trying to sell that red focus for like 50K, ofcourse it would take 3 years+

on the other side u got a cool lil car now
pics of said car?
Spinal,Jun 10 2008, 07:23 AM Wrote:pics of said car?
[right][snapback]266373[/snapback][/right]

Hopefully without any "attachments" on the hood :D :lol: :lol:
was it sold it toronto did u tell them to sign up over here i wouldn't mind seeing that car up close i remember seeing pics of it back in the day
it did make like 320whp or something
Does the screen fit in the Elise?? :lol:
Quote:dumping $100k into it

wow... that's 911 GT3 $$

congrats on the elise. fun car!
$100K + 320WHP = FAIL.
EDIT: flo when i read your post the word 'epic' mysteriously popped into my head
naz,Jun 10 2008, 02:17 PM Wrote:EDIT: flo when i read your post the word 'epic' mysteriously popped into my head
[right][snapback]266434[/snapback][/right]
lol, Im at 5k in, and at 230whp.

Granted I didnt have a 42" plasma on my dash, but thats gay anyways.
100k shoulda almost got him the AWD rally version of the focus no?

And the 42" plasma is like a hi-tech sticker but better and thus adds way more horsepower :lol:
Flofocus,Jun 10 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 10 2008, 02:17 PM Wrote:EDIT: flo when i read your post the word 'epic' mysteriously popped into my head

[right][snapback]266439[/snapback][/right]

5k including a new shortblock, plus all maintenance? serious? damn i need to rethink this whole 'modded cars are expensive to keep around' thing
naz,Jun 10 2008, 03:41 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 10 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]266439[/snapback][/right]

5k including a new shortblock, plus all maintenance? serious? damn i need to rethink this whole 'modded cars are expensive to keep around' thing
[right][snapback]266442[/snapback][/right]

Turbo setup was ~4k with tuning, then blew up the motor, $300 for engine hoist, $400 for new engine.

Im not counting suspension, exterior/interior appearance mods, but I'm no where near 100K :P :lol:

Just dropped another $900 to powdercoat my header and change the turbo to a 16G (old one was a TD05, 14B)
Flofocus,Jun 10 2008, 07:49 PM Wrote:Im not counting suspension, exterior/interior appearance mods, but I'm no where near 100K  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]266443[/snapback][/right]

right. so more like $20k for you. whew. that's MUCH better :ph34r: :P
naz,Jun 10 2008, 04:30 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 10 2008, 07:49 PM Wrote:Im not counting suspension, exterior/interior appearance mods, but I'm no where near 100K  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]266443[/snapback][/right]

right. so more like $20k for you. whew. that's MUCH better :ph34r: :P
[right][snapback]266445[/snapback][/right]

MUCH better than 100K.
FTMFW?

EDIT: yea i know it doesn't mean canada bumper regulations. i'm too lazy to find a similar price and mileage sti
naz,Jun 10 2008, 05:41 PM Wrote:FTMFW?

EDIT: yea i know it doesn't mean canada bumper regulations.  i'm too lazy to find a similar price and mileage sti
[right][snapback]266449[/snapback][/right]

Your showing me factory boosted cars. I already bought one of those. :P

Im talking about putting together a 200+ WHP focus...you know...having fun putting together a machine that not too many people have. Nevermind, you dont know half the fun involved in it. you take the easy way out by buying a beemer and calling it a day. :P :lol:
Flofocus,Jun 11 2008, 12:26 PM Wrote:Nevermind, you dont know half the fun involved in it.  you take the easy way out by buying a beemer and calling it a day.  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]266511[/snapback][/right]

freeeee maintenance+full warranty vs. manifold failing from heat . yes. i am ok taking the easy way out :P

i'm just playing haha i think we established a long time ago that we take a very different approach to our car hobby :)

naz,Jun 11 2008, 01:27 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 11 2008, 12:26 PM Wrote:Nevermind, you dont know half the fun involved in it.  you take the easy way out by buying a beemer and calling it a day.  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]266511[/snapback][/right]

freeeee maintenance+full warranty vs. manifold failing from heat . yes. i am ok taking the easy way out :P

i'm just playing haha i think we established a long time ago that we take a very different approach to our car hobby :)
[right][snapback]266552[/snapback][/right]

Naz, buying stock cars and not doing anything to them or with them is not considered a hobby.....
Pages: 1 2 3