FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Couple Of Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my girlfriend bought her focus just shy of a year ago. It now has this odd clunk coming from the front end. Ive read theres some common issues with front end noise. I have got no clue exactly what it is. I know its not ball joints. It happens only when you hit a bump. Strut? Ive had someone tell me its sway bar links. They are not visabliy broken. I just wanna make sure I replace the right part.

Also the drivers heated seat doesnt work. I guess it can only be a few things switch or element. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for the help.
tailz,Feb 12 2010, 11:47 AM Wrote:Well my girlfriend bought her focus just shy of a year ago. It now has this odd clunk coming from the front end. Ive read theres some common issues with front end noise. I have got no clue exactly what it is. I know its not ball joints. It happens only when you hit a bump. Strut? Ive had someone tell me its sway bar links. They are not visabliy broken. I just wanna make sure I replace the right part.

Also the drivers heated seat doesnt work. I guess it can only be a few things switch or element. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for the help.
[right][snapback]301267[/snapback][/right]

Seats went on my and they replaced the wirering harness under warranty but its the switches.
Noise is the endlinks, call up Partsource and get a set of MOOG. but make sure your have a very thin 15mm wrench to install them.

anything else??
03 I say its the Springs, Its a recall.
welcome tailz, your off gtan right? (this si slammdfoci fyi)

anyways, odds are i will be loose strut, end link or the possible spring recall. if it is springs they will be broken where as strut, could be as simple as tightening top nut. if spring isnt busted and strut nut on top is tight, check endlinks for play

also, what seats does she have? i have a set of stock seats from my 07, front and back seats and you can take both fronts just shoot me an offer, heated and will fit prior gen focus with some wiring work no problem
My bet is on the end-links.
You won't be able to find a lot of play in them if you have the car up in the air though.
I've gone through 3 sets now, the best one's I've had so far are the moog one's that you can re-grease, I got mine from Carquest
or bad motor mount
for seat, check fuse and see if it is blown or not..
I have a clunk noise too , when I roll off the driveway into the road and it comes from both sides , also when i go over a pothole ( or after a bump) and the strut extends . I suspect it's the higher rates springs that I have installed last year over the original struts might have damaged them . They seem to hold ok over the bump but after I hear the clunk . Didn't check the end links though .
BY the way , how much did you guys pay for a set of Moog endlinks ?
GFXjamie,Feb 12 2010, 01:00 PM Wrote:welcome tailz, your off gtan right? (this si slammdfoci fyi)

anyways, odds are i will be loose strut, end link or the possible spring recall. if it is springs they will be broken where as strut, could be as simple as tightening top nut. if spring isnt busted and strut nut on top is tight, check endlinks for play

also, what seats does she have? i have a set of stock seats from my 07, front and back seats and you can take both fronts just shoot me an offer, heated and will fit prior gen focus with some wiring work no problem
[right][snapback]301278[/snapback][/right]

LOL dam jamie trying to push the seat sale lol.

You only need a new switch. they over heat and stop working after a bit. Check with a scrap yard or just get from dealer and if that doesn't solve prob return to dealer and say you gave me the wrong part. Don't say I ordered the wrong part lol.
[quote=GFXjamie,Feb 12 2010, 01:00 PM]welcome tailz, your off gtan right? (this si slammdfoci fyi)

[right][snapback]301278[/snapback][/right]
Yes I'm off gtan. She has just zts tan leather seats. The light on the switch is still coming on when its pressed which leads me to believe its not the switch Ive missed placed my multimeter so ill have to check it.

What colour are the seats you have?

Thanks for all the input guys going to go check the top nut and springs.

When was this recall made? IIRC the car has to have all recalls and such done before the car can be registered at the MTO no?
oh and ive checked the fuse it was not blown
I had a clunk in my front end too when I was visiting new orleans back in 2004, and in my case it was a broken stablizer arm, it was the first thing I noticed when I the tire off.

also what year is this focus? there are a few recalls on the plder generation if she has one pre 2004
Frost__2001,Feb 12 2010, 10:38 PM Wrote:I had a clunk in my front end too when I was visiting new orleans back in 2004, and in my case it was a broken stablizer arm, it was the first thing I noticed when I the tire off.

also what year is this focus? there are a few recalls on the plder generation if she has one pre 2004
[right][snapback]301315[/snapback][/right]

Its an 03. I checked the top strut nut on the passenger side, the nut just spins. So what its connected too is broken. What is the recall? I want to know if its been done.
tailz,Feb 12 2010, 07:45 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 12 2010, 10:38 PM Wrote:I had a clunk in my front end too when I was visiting new orleans back in 2004, and in my case it was a broken stablizer arm, it was the first thing I noticed when I the tire off.

[right][snapback]301315[/snapback][/right]

Its an 03. I checked the top strut nut on the passenger side, the nut just spins. So what its connected too is broken. What is the recall? I want to know if its been done.
[right][snapback]301320[/snapback][/right]
It's easy to check - take your VIN into a Ford dealer and ask them what recalls it is eligible for - they might even tell you over the phone.

BTW - welcome to the site.
Welcome to the site. Please keep us informed on the status of your front end troubles.
Gabriel,Feb 12 2010, 09:55 PM Wrote:I have a clunk noise too , BY the way , how much did you guys pay for a set of Moog endlinks ?
[right][snapback]301299[/snapback][/right]
I think I only paid $44 each, the regular ones are only around $22 each.
castone,Feb 12 2010, 11:32 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Feb 12 2010, 09:55 PM Wrote:I have a clunk noise too , BY the way , how much did you guys pay for a set of Moog endlinks ?
[right][snapback]301331[/snapback][/right]
I see , thank you .
Gabriel,Feb 13 2010, 12:54 AM Wrote:
I see , thank you .
[right][snapback]301341[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... that sounds high ... I just bought two front and two rear Moog endlinks and the landed cost was about $80 CAD including shipping and importation.

BTW - the fronts are K80066 and the rears are K90129 or K90130 depending on the year/model.
ZTWsquared,Feb 13 2010, 04:31 AM Wrote:BTW - the fronts are K80066 and the rears are K90129 or K90130 depending on the year/model.
[right][snapback]301343[/snapback][/right]

Hey Ken, which rear do I need for my 02?
ZTWsquared,Feb 13 2010, 05:31 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Feb 13 2010, 12:54 AM Wrote:
I see , thank you .
[right][snapback]301341[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... that sounds high ... I just bought two front and two rear Moog endlinks and the landed cost was about $80 CAD including shipping and importation.

BTW - the fronts are K80066 and the rears are K90129 or K90130 depending on the year/model.
[right][snapback]301343[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't be surprised for castone 's price to be right if he bought them in Canada. Prices here are usually considerably higher then US prices . For instance , I bought a pair of Adaptive One front brake pads in Chicago at Napa for $90+10%tax and last the same pads cost me at Napa in Bradford $160+tax =180.08 CDN.
Anyway , I will know if I need them for sure when it warms up and proceed with changing the whole suspension .
BTW , has anybody used K-mac camber plates on their car ?
Pages: 1 2