FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Well.. I Now Own A Corolla.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well I finally went out and got me a corolla, it's silver on gray, and it's a basic model, with just a/c, cost me a whole lot less then I thought it would when buying a Toyota product again, but then again this one cost more then the last Toyota I bought.

fyi though it's a 1987 Corolla LE

[Image: corollafront.jpg]
[Image: corolladriversside.jpg]
[Image: corollapassengerside.jpg]
[Image: corollarear.jpg]

ok, so now that I own an old JDM product flame away lol.
Nuttin Wrong with Old Imports...Beside the 2 Focus's I own, I also Have a 71 Datsun 510 and a 73 Volvo 144s.
At least you still gots the Foci :)
Congratulations on the "restoration project." When you get it up and running, try not to fal asleep at the wheel. Wasn't that the Corolla model that double as a Chevy Nova?
Congrats Phil
i can you drive that thing from the back seat :)
oldeguy,Jun 7 2008, 08:09 AM Wrote:Congratulations on the "restoration project." When you get it up and running, try not to fal asleep at the wheel. Wasn't that the Corolla model that double as a Chevy Nova?
[right][snapback]266222[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that's the one and of course the Chevy Nova's resale value is absolute flaming monkey poop whilst the exact same MY Corolla would command a preium :rolleyes:

Nice pickup for a beater though...

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Jun 7 2008, 09:09 AM Wrote:Congratulations on the "restoration project." When you get it up and running, try not to fal asleep at the wheel. Wasn't that the Corolla model that double as a Chevy Nova?
[right][snapback]266222[/snapback][/right]

actually it's no where near a restoration project, it's actually in perfect running order, and everything works and is in orginal working order, it was plated up until last week.

the only thing it needs in the small rot hole in the rear pasenger rocker pannel fixed and it will pass the Ontario certification with flying colours. suprisingly this car is from Toronto, and was never winter driven, or driven in the rain by the first owner up until 6 years ago when my co-woker bought it.

I don't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel because this is one of the 80's Toyota's it's not bogged down by the blandness of the 90+ versions, and it's very basic, it's got a 5 speed, and direct steering, I think the only "LE" options it has is A/C, and the cassette deck. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the car is emmission exempt, and because it's 21 years old it's classed as Vintage, and in less then 4 years it will be a " Classic " :huh:
so what happened with the ol' Mustang?
NikiterZTS,Jun 8 2008, 02:43 PM Wrote:so what happened with the ol' Mustang?
[right][snapback]266264[/snapback][/right]

if you didn't notice it's still around, and in those pics, it costs way to much to drive it right now.
Good find, the A/C still works? If so who cares I guess its great on gas.
Canadian ST,Jun 8 2008, 03:03 PM Wrote:Good find, the A/C still works? If so who cares I guess its great on gas.
[right][snapback]266266[/snapback][/right]

I have to recharge the compresser and replace a hose for it to work correctly, and yeah it gets better gas milage then my focus, it was used as a city car and a tank of gas will go from 550 - 600 kms.
for a minute i thought it would be a hatchback and rwd. :(
I thought it was gonna b a crazy drifter but hey im impressed in the kind of shape that thing is in my dad had the copy nova back in the day i remember the fabric from the headliner was always falling other than that a great car
I don't get it - you bought a golf cart? :unsure:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 10 2008, 11:40 AM Wrote:I don't get it -  you bought a golf cart? :unsure:
[right][snapback]266410[/snapback][/right]

lol, more like a stand by car for when the focus heads in for work, it's the main reason why I got it. I can't take time off work yet until my 3 months is up, so currently when the focus is out getting repaired I am in Guelph until its finished.. and I really hate waiting for hours at my sisters with nothing to do there while its being fixed.

Also it's more or less it's also a throw back car to me as I learned how to drive stick on a 1982 Toyota Tercel, so the Corolla having nothing and a similar set up as that car brings back some really good memories, and I plan on teaching a few people how to drive a standard and this is the perfect car to start on, without damaging the focus again.... :rolleyes:
what work is focus gonna get?
please say F/I and no more bumper molds!!!
i like what he did with the euro look
NikiterZTS,Jun 11 2008, 09:38 PM Wrote:what work is focus gonna get?
please say F/I and no more bumper molds!!!
[right][snapback]266591[/snapback][/right]

no, more like 200,000 km tune up, heat shield removal (it's still dragging along) another oil change thats coming up, plus the Focus has been misfiring / back firing recently, also I have to repair / replace the horn yet again... um, thats just the maintance thats come due in the last little while, and then in the near future it will be needing a complete brake change, and I was thinking that when that comes up I'll do the swap to rear disc brakes via a SVT kit, and before or after winter I know I'll be needing new shocks as mine are getting along in age.

after all that I plan on finishing my Euro mods, as in November the Focus will be paid off in full, and I'll be loan free, so I'll be getting the parts I want (rear bumper, mirrors, lower Euro lip, and maybe a new ST or Ghia upper grille) , plus by then with the car being 8, I'll be saving up all winter for a complete paint job for the spring... and after that think about doing the same for the Corolla.
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2008, 09:15 AM Wrote:i like what he did with the euro look
[right][snapback]266635[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I love the look of it too, it's really unique, I still get a lot of comments of how people like the stock Euro OEM bumper, and how it looks really good. I get a few questions at work from car dealers asking what kind of focus it is lol.. but yeah I really really need to get the lower part of the bumper re-painted as it's badly stone chipped right now.
Frost__2001,Jun 12 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:after that think about doing the same for the Corolla.
[right][snapback]266695[/snapback][/right]

damn you have the modding bug big time if you are thinking of dumping money into the beater
Pages: 1 2