FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Strut Caps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey does anyone know what year the focus came with plastic caps that filled the circle on the top of the front struts, so the top of the strut and the bolt are not exposed.=. I've seen someone with them before but it didn't say what year his car was and i want to order some from ford.
Interesting, I never knew they existed. I'd like some too!
i thought it was aftermarket stuff.
They were made by Focus Central, and made of billet aluminum

Also not compatable with strut tower bars with out modification
there was plastic cap and have seen it on ebay europe..GBP10 or something like that..
but that was like 4 yrs ago..
the ones i 'm looking for fit into the spot where the strut comes through but don't get bolted down i'm pretty sure they are a ford oem part.
I know C-F-M makes some nice billet aluminium strut tower caps.
silvermist,Jun 8 2008, 05:50 PM Wrote:the ones i 'm looking for fit into the spot where the strut comes through but don't get bolted down  i'm pretty sure they are a ford oem part.
[right][snapback]266275[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure those were called Dust Caps, and the only place i remember ever seeing them was eBay years ago

But i'm sure you could drop into a Ford dealership and inquire, see what they come up with
here I found the link to a pic of what I was talking about.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...=&postid=432170

if you look at the finished pick then you'll see them.
yueah that was what i was talking about..
only place i saw it from was ebay europe..
it is not focus parts..

it may be ford stuff and may be from other models..
just make one urself im sure the can't be that hard i have carbon fiber circles i squeeze in there for car shows