FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Painted The Wheels On The Bmw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: IMG00097.jpg]

[Image: IMG00098.jpg]
looks trashy you should get a nice set of wheels instead :ph34r:
naz,Jun 6 2008, 01:04 PM Wrote:looks trashy you should get a nice set of wheels instead  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]266159[/snapback][/right]

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the painted hub caps I had on before. :P
Flofocus,Jun 6 2008, 05:09 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 6 2008, 01:04 PM Wrote:looks trashy you should get a nice set of wheels instead  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]266159[/snapback][/right]

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the painted hub caps I had on before. :P
[right][snapback]266161[/snapback][/right]

i'm just playing, i think it looks good. way better than going to pep boys are getting a random set of wheels
For sure, this is my beater, so trying to keep the money down. I had extra black paint from spraying the justy, so used the rest on these wheels.

I'm getting better with my spraygun too...love painting with that thing. :D
Looks good man, BMW's make great beaters :P
looks good! I like it . Good job :headbang:
Canadian ST,Jun 6 2008, 06:14 PM Wrote:Looks good man, BMW's make great beaters :P
[right][snapback]266165[/snapback][/right]

yeeesss. especially as track beaters
looks nice maybe if you ask Naz nicely he would give you his current rims on his new bimmer
Rims look good, tires need shine STAT :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 6 2008, 10:02 PM Wrote:Rims look good, tires need shine STAT :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266181[/snapback][/right]

i found out the hard way that tire shine basically melts off the tire onto your wheels and body work when you drive hard. gross (and hard to remove).
Naz gets my award of the most negative person of the year :):)
naz,Jun 6 2008, 06:55 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 6 2008, 10:02 PM Wrote:Rims look good, tires need shine STAT :lol:

NefCanuck

i found out the hard way that tire shine basically melts off the tire onto your wheels and body work when you drive hard. gross (and hard to remove).
[right][snapback]266188[/snapback][/right]

I wonder what you were using? :huh: The stuff I use (Meguire's Endurance Tire Shine) is a gel type product that smells like bubble gum but lasts and doesn't sling itself off in spirited driving ;)

NefCanuck
I like it, they almost look like BBS wheels from the 90's.
NefCanuck,Jun 7 2008, 01:11 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

I wonder what you were using? :huh: The stuff I use (Meguire's Endurance Tire Shine) is a gel type product that smells like bubble gum but lasts and doesn't sling itself off in spirited driving ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266199[/snapback][/right]

no clue.. dealer guys put in when they detailed the car after i bought it. that stuff you mentioned holds up to 25min sessions on a road course? i need to give it a try thanks for the tip
Frost__2001,Jun 6 2008, 10:23 PM Wrote:I like it, they almost look like BBS wheels from the 90's.
[right][snapback]266207[/snapback][/right]

They are bbs wheels :D
naz,Jun 9 2008, 01:40 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 7 2008, 01:11 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266199[/snapback][/right]

no clue.. dealer guys put in when they detailed the car after i bought it. that stuff you mentioned holds up to 25min sessions on a road course? i need to give it a try thanks for the tip
[right][snapback]266284[/snapback][/right]

Ah, the tire dressing dealer stuff, looks great initally, but frankly has all the staying power of a popsicle in 30C heat :ph34r:

Can't say as I've tried that with this car (yet ;)) but the stuff was on the Focus and didn't have any issues when I took the car to Cayuga and made about6 passes total (not to mention the drive there & back)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 9 2008, 02:20 PM Wrote:the stuff was on the Focus and didn't have any issues when I took the car to Cayuga and made about6 passes total (not to mention the drive there & back)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266300[/snapback][/right]

hmm. well... that's a very different set of driving conditions to what i subjected the tires to when i melted tire dressing. :)

naz,Jun 9 2008, 12:33 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 9 2008, 02:20 PM Wrote:the stuff was on the Focus and didn't have any issues when I took the car to Cayuga and made about6 passes total (not to mention the drive there & back)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266300[/snapback][/right]

hmm. well... that's a very different set of driving conditions to what i subjected the tires to when i melted tire dressing. :)
[right][snapback]266313[/snapback][/right]

Hey you were probably on your way to melting the tires NVM the dressing on 'em ;)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 9 2008, 06:58 PM Wrote:Hey you were probably on your way to melting the tires NVM the dressing on 'em ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266316[/snapback][/right]

yes, i think that is what is happening when there are little rubber bits at the edges of the tread and the tire starts to squirm under braking.

i suspect this type of usage could be the reason for the higher than normal maintenance cost i incurred in my subaru
Pages: 1 2