FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Banff And Canmore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya guys!

I'm an avid Hockey player here in the U.K. and I wanted, for quite a few years, to visit where they filmed Mystery, Alaska especially during winter. Weird, but I want to skate that frozen river! :lol:

Any suggestion or opinions?

Cheers,

Al
Banff (the town) is alright to visit, but I'll tell you it's very very commerical there, and very much a tourist trap, so expect to see all the cheesy tourists things and over priced "canadian themed crap / garbage" people buy in places like those, but the views are very nice I'll admit, and there is more to do there then in worse places like Niagara Falls as that place vomits up its cheesy tourist traps....... :puke:
Glad to know, so I'll buy the usual Canada Hockey logo'd stuff elsewhere then :lol:

I really wanna go to Canmore more than Banff, spoke to one of my old team mates the other day, he's from Calgary and says he often took his home for granted. You guys got the best game in the world :)
Banff/Jasper is the most beautiful place to visit in Canada IMO, I miss living out west!!
Cool, all I want is a stick and a pair of skates :lol:
Definitely beautiful part of the country...

Approaching Banff:
[Image: 100_1669.jpg]

Banff Springs Hotel:
[Image: 100_1680.jpg]

Banff:
[Image: 100_1672-1.jpg]

[Image: 100_1676.jpg]

Nothing like relaxing outside in the hot springs pool while it is snowing in the mountains:
[Image: 100_1686.jpg]
Dude, why the nude pic?! :lol:

But thanks man, those pics are great, looks like the place to be. But what's the difference between Banff and Canmore? Only down the road, but would it be better to stay there do you think?

Cheers!
COCHYN,Feb 12 2010, 01:37 PM Wrote:Cool, all I want is a stick and a pair of skates :lol:
[right][snapback]301285[/snapback][/right]

Canadian Tire is the shop you need, they even have the cheesy tourist garbage if you are so inclined.
Nah mate, I was only kidding. I got enough kit over the years to trick out a whole team :lol: I was just saying, that's all I need. Skates, stick and the ice. Happy ;)
Well right now there is no shortage of ice, unless you are in the lower BC mainland. Olympic Zone. :lol:
I am in Calgary at the moment and today did the banff, hotsprings deal..a wicked place to go check