FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Portable Hoist For Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
didn't wanna put it in For Sale as it would have probably deleted cause of "awesome" rules on there :rolleyes:

anyways i thought it was a pretty cool thing to have for a good price

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-p...QQAdIdZ54841385
can't drop the trans, driveshaft or exhaust no clearance to work on motor.. not sure its worth it since the jobs i mentioned are the ones where having a lift helps the most
true....i think its more like for body work or suspension......oil change? lol
if extended to it's full hight of 4 ft it shouldn't be too bad....

most stuff on a front wheel drive car could be done.

Not sure i like the idea of it being portable, bolted into the floor i could handle
Wow thats cool, great price to.
naz,Jun 3 2008, 11:20 PM Wrote:can't drop the trans, driveshaft or exhaust no clearance to work on motor.. not sure its worth it since the jobs i mentioned are the ones where having a lift helps the most
[right][snapback]265866[/snapback][/right]

why not? If I can swap out trannies in my home garage on the cold ass floor, this will just give you that much more room to work. This will work.

If I had the cash for this, I would totally be calling and checking it out.
Flofocus,Jun 4 2008, 08:25 AM Wrote:
naz,Jun 3 2008, 11:20 PM Wrote:can't drop the trans, driveshaft or exhaust no clearance to work on motor.. not sure its worth it since the jobs i mentioned are the ones where having a lift helps the most

why not? If I can swap out trannies in my home garage on the cold ass floor, this will just give you that much more room to work. This will work.

[right][snapback]265885[/snapback][/right]

X2 - if I had a garage, I would have already called!
i just wonder how stable that thing is when the car is lifted
Should be pretty solid with the 'safety bars' in place.

I would still put some high jacks under there to be on the safe side though ;)
NikiterZTS,Jun 3 2008, 11:04 PM Wrote:didn't wanna put it in For Sale as it would have probably deleted cause of "awesome" rules on there  :rolleyes:

anyways i thought it was a pretty cool thing to have for a good price

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-p...QQAdIdZ54841385
[right][snapback]265862[/snapback][/right]

Linking to a sale item doesn't belong in the classifieds, however linking to it from off-topic or from the street isn't innappropriate* either.

But if you want something to bitch about, I could go ahead and delete this thread ;)

*double negative implies that it is quite appropriate to post such links in certain sections of the forum
I hate resizing my IE font sizing to read that s***! :lol:

Flofocus,Jun 4 2008, 12:25 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]265885[/snapback][/right]

if that was a WRX in the pic the front of the lift (that red part that scissors up) looks like it will be right under the middle of the transmission. i don't see how you could safely position a transmission jack using that style of lifter. i don't even thing you could install an aftermarket downpipe because you are blocked by the red scissor thing. it would almost be better to use a combo of ramps + jackstands

i guess in a fwd car with a small transmission that thing could work.

oh right.. focus forum..
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 4 2008, 10:26 AM Wrote:I hate resizing my IE font sizing to read that s***! :lol:
[right][snapback]265909[/snapback][/right]
copy/paste it into the web address bar :lol:
Spinal,Jun 4 2008, 06:09 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 4 2008, 10:26 AM Wrote:I hate resizing my IE font sizing to read that s***! :lol:
[right][snapback]265909[/snapback][/right]
copy/paste it into the web address bar :lol:
[right][snapback]265930[/snapback][/right]

hehe i was just gona say that, bc thats what i usually do