FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Canada Announces 2009 Focus Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This from Ford Canada's official Order Guide for 09 Focus:

OVERVIEW
The 2009 Focus carries over all the great features introduced in the 08 model year, and introduces more visual differentiation between the 2 door coupe and 4 door sedan. 2009 introduces the SEL array which will satisfy the more upscale Focus buyer while the SES Focus will now appeal to the more Sport minded buyer. Focus continues to deliver award winning quality, superior driving dynamics along with the great fresh new interior and exterior appearance introduced in the 2008 model year.

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY
• Six (6) arrays deliver comprehensive equipment levels
• 2 Door SE & SES, 4 Door S, SE, SES and SEL

EXTERIOR CHANGES
• New coupe exterior styling
• Dark chrome 2 bar front grille standard on coupe
• New high mount spoiler standard on SES Coupe
• Modified front and rear fascias standard on coupe
• New 15" aluminum wheel optional on SE sedan
• New 16" aluminum wheels standard on SE Coupe
• New 17" aluminum alloy wheel standard on SES (coupe
and sedan)

INTERIOR CHANGES
• New unique metallic IP appliqué standard on coupe
• Standard fixed rear headrests
• AM/FM/CDX6/MP3 discontinued
• SE array now available in Charcoal interior colour

COLOUR CHANGES
• Colours Added:
— Sangria Red (JV)
— Sterling Grey (UJ)
— Amber Gold (GQ)
— White Suede (WS)
— Brilliant Silver (UI)
• Colours Deleted:
— Vermillion
— Kiwi Green
— Silver Frost
— Oxford White
— Vapor Silver

FUNCTIONAL CHANGES
• Electronic Stability Control (ESC) standard on SES/SEL and optional on all other series
• Sport tuned exhaust standard on coupe
• 4.2 final drive ratio standard only on coupe automatic
• SOS Post Crash Alert System standard – sounds horn and emergency flashers in the event of an air bag deployment
• Engine only Traction Control discontinued

PACKAGING CHANGES
• SES array replaces Sport Package
• Convenience Group discontinued
• New Driver's Group standard on SES and SEL, optional on SE – includes leather wrapped steering wheel, speed
control & duplicate audio controls
I saw the pics of the 09 coupe and the rims look sharp and the grill looks cool. The mid wing looks like sh#t though. I wish they would come out with the 2.3 "ST" model, oh well. Oh ya the coupe has a sport ehaust thats good for another 3 hp.
I see "Sangria Red" is back as a colour choice... wonder if it's the same shade as was available up to '05 before it was discontinued in favour of the darker "Toreador Red"?

NefCanuck
too bad the 4.2 final drive isn't available on manual trans vehicles as well.
naz,Jun 3 2008, 10:12 PM Wrote:too bad the 4.2 final drive isn't available on manual trans vehicles as well.
[right][snapback]265863[/snapback][/right]

I dont get why Ford dosen't put it on the manual too! :lame:
Ford has the option to really ramp up the coupe/sedan and yet again delivers another grocery cart. Well done boys. :rolleyes:
is the focus a big enough seller as is? and it is selling more now than when it was pretending to be a euro style small hot hatch?
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 4 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:Ford has the option to really ramp up the coupe/sedan and yet again delivers another grocery cart. Well done boys. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]265938[/snapback][/right]

I don't understand either, the Focus sales are up 88% compared to the same time last year. They should be trying to get some tuners intrested.
Canadian ST,Jun 4 2008, 10:57 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 4 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:Ford has the option to really ramp up the coupe/sedan and yet again delivers another grocery cart. Well done boys. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]265938[/snapback][/right]

I don't understand either, the Focus sales are up 88% compared to the same time last year. They should be trying to get some tuners intrested.
[right][snapback]265947[/snapback][/right]

maybe that's just it... they don't NEED to get tuners interested because the rest of the world likes the direction they took with the '08 car?

also it seems the tuner world moved on from all motor FWD cars and into turbocharged AWD/RWD cars..
is there no blue i can't drive a focus that isn't blue lol
ZX3_2NV,Jun 5 2008, 12:56 PM Wrote:is there no blue i can't drive a focus that isn't blue lol
[right][snapback]266023[/snapback][/right]

no they still come in blue, it's a dark blue they come in, I like the fact they are adding the SOS feature finally, as its been a standard item for more then a decade in europe.

if anything all I see is a few renaming of packaged features and colours, and the delete of one shade of silver, and that baby puke green colour.