FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For The Cyclist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mo_focus,Jun 3 2008, 05:15 PM Wrote:[Image: ap_mexico_accident_080603_mn.jpg]

while we are on cycling
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wire...id=4984659
[right][snapback]265838[/snapback][/right]

So are you saying the driver from the video should learn from the guy in Mexico? :lol:
what i'm sying is that 1/2 of the bikers didnt make it :)

but on a serious note, its really dangerous for cyclist downtown, or anywhere for that matter. I would never ride on the streets, but rather just on bike trails only.
Just my 2cents
I'm one of those who's not too afraid to ride on the road, but admittedly, lastnight, I had a couple of close calls..

Sure it was dark and raining, but I had a 100% reflective jacket (not just strips of it, but the whole damn jacket is reflective), a bike light (90 lumen LED -- fairly bright), and a rear light that can be seen up to 2.5km away...

and still, the occasional motorist will pull in front of me, or try to make a lefthand turn into me (like that jackhole driving the durango lastnight).

So I have a topeak moonshine HID light coming in (should be here today in fact!), that's over 6 times brighter, and comes with a filter to prevent blinding motorists while driving on the street.

Because the only way to be sure you're seen is to be so goddamn bright that people have to slow, take a wide berth because they don't know what it is that's coming towards them.