FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fiesta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Ford Fiesta will be built in Mexico, and the hatchback will be sold in North America.
i wish they werent changing the style of it so much
i really like the latest version

[Image: Fiesta20ST203.jpg]

[Image: Fiesta20ST207.jpg]
This is a very recent article about the fiesta.........hopefully they give us that attractive USD price also.

INFO

any word on powertrains? i'm keeping my fingers crossed for something light, small motor and super short gears with LSD that will give both great fuel economy and explosive acceleration.. sort of like the CRX SiR of the early 90s that was never officially imported to north america but have been recreated by aftermarket swaps
naz,Jun 2 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:... super short gears with LSD that will give both great fuel economy and explosive acceleration.. ...
[right][snapback]265720[/snapback][/right]

keep dreamin! :lol:
Flofocus,Jun 2 2008, 06:02 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 2 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:... super short gears with LSD that will give both great fuel economy and explosive acceleration.. ...

keep dreamin! :lol:
[right][snapback]265726[/snapback][/right]

yeaaaaa.. i know... but seriously.. if honda can do it in 1991 with the CRX SiR (some ppl have reported 46mpg in mixed driving when driving without teh vtec) and it has like 11.8lb/hp

why cant they do it today?
Its ford.
naz,Jun 2 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:any word on powertrains?  i'm keeping my fingers crossed for something light, small motor and super short gears with LSD that will give both great fuel economy and explosive acceleration.. sort of like the CRX SiR of the early 90s that was never officially imported to north america but have been recreated by aftermarket swaps

if they did offer us the engine options like that in Europe, there would be 6 to choose from, but knowing ford north america, we'll get either the 1.6 or 1.8, maybe the 2.0... but I doubt it. and for sure they'd never offer the 1.4, or the 2 diesel offerings like that in europe.
any word on when and if these will actually be released here
ZX3_2NV,Jun 5 2008, 05:04 PM Wrote:any word on when and if these will actually be released here
[right][snapback]266024[/snapback][/right]

hmmmm apparently the top motor makes a mighty 115hp and the car is around 2000lb

i stopped caring whether it is coming after i read that

autoblog said the fiesta will have a 1.6L motor making between 180hp and 190hp.. THAT would have been amazing
Hopefully the interior will be as nice as those pics on the autoblog webste.
The front opening screams "Install intercooler HERE" , LoL.

[Image: fiesta-1n.jpg]
looks like a focus/civic,
i won't hold my breath waiting but if it ever gets here I'd check it out.
Gravter,Jun 6 2008, 05:14 AM Wrote:Hopefully the interior will be as nice as those pics on the autoblog webste.
The front opening screams "Install intercooler HERE" , LoL.

[right][snapback]266135[/snapback][/right]

did u mean exterior cause u posted a pic of the front end and talking about a intercooler but i do love the interior it flows so well all and all a great little car but i also like the older version better
Quote:did u mean exterior cause u posted a pic of the front end and talking about a intercooler but i do love the interior it flows so well all and all a great little car but i also like the older version better
[right][snapback]266394[/snapback][/right]

I did mean the interior. I then went on saying the front opening is bla bla bla...
here is a pic of the interior I saw

[Image: 09_fiesta_3dr_1280_7.jpg]