FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Have One Invite For A Test Drive/auto-x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First one who calls it can be my "guest":

Hi Andrew,

The MINI Clubman Challenge is almost here! This is your chance to test the new MINI Cooper Clubman and MINI Cooper S Clubman against the VW GTI 5-door, Mazda3 Sport and Volvo C30.

Below you will find all the information you need to take part in this exciting driving event.

Registration Summary
Event City: Toronto
Event Location: Downsview Park
Drive Event Details: Sunday, June 01, 2008, 3:00 pm
Confirmed Guest: Yes

Takeeee me, Ohh wait, I can't :(

ohh well, next lucky guest i guess :(
i wonder if they will install baby seats in there so i can go with my 5month old baby :)

wife is going to the movies on sunday so i have to babysit, damm i guess its not baby sitting when its your own kid. :D
seconds?
It's yours Nik mo can't come.

It runs from 3-5. See you then.
great i'll be there
do i have to tell them your name when i get there?
I'll meet you in the parking area just before 3.

I signed up for this in the winter so it was originally under someone elses name but she went "drama" on me months ago :lol:

They don't mind changes, my buddy Mark went in Ashly's place two years ago since she was working. You can be my date but I ain't putting out without at least a dinner and a movie :P
i take my dates to McDonalds
NikiterZTS,May 30 2008, 06:12 PM Wrote:i take my dates to McDonalds
[right][snapback]265568[/snapback][/right]

Big spender eh? I thought for sure you'd have said Timmies and put it on the wife's tab. Maybe you can try to get me drunk and have your way with me at the Kampground next month? Try NOT to pass out before the sun sets this time K? :lol:
^^^^^ Hahah Nick + my funnel = T.K.O lol! Should I bring it again this year Nick? :lol:
that is a must!
[Image: P5310961.jpg]

[Image: P5310962.jpg]

[Image: P5310965.jpg]

[Image: P5310967.jpg]

[Image: P5310969.jpg]

[Image: P5310971.jpg]

[Image: P5310974.jpg]

Fun time and it was nice to see Nik and Char, really a good well run event.
It looks like you all had fun, but how did the mini's and competition hold up....??????

Come on ... tell me, tell me !!!
Handling:

1 Mini by a long shot
2 my Focus (as it is eqipped with SVT goodness (suspension/drop), oversize brakes and sticky over size tyres.
2 (tie) my WRX but one has to "understand" why it is so good, why and when to let it show.
3 VW GTI
4 any Focus ever (my X had an '05)
5 the Mazda is crap and the fact it is surprises all
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2008, 03:20 AM Wrote:Handling:

1 Mini by a long shot
2 my Focus (as it is eqipped with SVT goodness (suspension/drop), oversize brakes and  sticky over size tyres.
2 (tie) my WRX but one has to "understand" why it is so good, why and when to let it show.
3 VW GTI
4 any Focus ever (my X had an '05)
5 the Mazda is crap and the fact it is surprises all
[right][snapback]265673[/snapback][/right]

did you by any chance check the rubber on all of the cars to make sure it was OE rubber?

any additional thoughts on why you ranked the mini over the wrx (and why the WRX ties a focus)?

looks like a great time!
i wanna thank Andrew one more time for letting us to come out with him....me and my gf had a blast trying all the cars.

and yes MINI type S rocks but costs too much for my liking
OE rubber all round, they are surprisningly open and honest about things. I am sure a stock Focus on Firehawks would have had the suckzor on such a course but for an 8 year old car set up with SVT bits and new Falkens it would hold up really REALLY well. I'd have loved to run either of my cars on the same track.

WRX's do well handling wise but in a radiaclly different way and on such a cousre as they had set up it would be a lot of physical work and one would probably have needed Gravol for all the rolling. As you know, once the springs are loaded it is incredible and has great damping at any angle but the side to side travel would be huge. The school bus style steering wheel wouldn't favour such a course either.

My only fault with the Minis, pedals too close together. Probably great for heel-toe work but not for me or reallife.

As per last year the Mazda was just terrible and I see no reason anymore to have any love for the C30, it is an over priced Focus and not even a good one either (this was the 5 cyl version we had).
looks like it was fun. I had earmarked the weekend to do it, but then they didn't have any slots available.

Maybe next year.

Looks like a fun time!

I wonder if they could have made the speedo on the new Mini's any bigger? really weird dash configuration with the Tach right in front and speedo off to the side

That thing is freaking HUGE!! I wonder how bright it is at night?! I don't think the cops will need a radar gun to see how fast you're going when chasing from behind LMAO
agreed Volvo C30 was horrible.....i thought i was gonna spin that thing out of the track

Mini would be lil track car....too bad you don't look cool in one when you drive it on the streets :)
Pages: 1 2