FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking To Buy Gopro Camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know a couple of you on here have experience with these cameras. Looked on ebay and saw that prices varies from like $119 up to $300.

I believe there are 5 MP ones and there are HD ones? Help me sort this out. Need this for upcomming track days and snowboarding.

Maybe Kevin wants to sell his? :)

Thanks.
NikiterZTS,Feb 11 2010, 08:39 AM Wrote:I know a couple of you on here have experience with these cameras. Looked on ebay and saw that prices varies from like $119 up to $300.

I believe there are 5 MP ones and there are HD ones? Help me sort this out. Needs this for upcomming track days and snowboarding.

Maybe Kevin wants to sell his? :)

Thanks.
[right][snapback]301146[/snapback][/right]

For teh car I just use one of my crap cameras that runs vid or my New vid Cam with a window mount so I can attach it to the bumper, hood, roof or window. But as for the snowboarding I would suggest the Go pro.
You are more than welcome to borrow it Nik. I think I want to hang onto it for a while yet. I have all the adhesive mounts and pedestal adapters for it aswell. Shoot me a PM.
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 11 2010, 09:10 AM Wrote:You are more than welcome to borrow it Nik.  I think I want to hang onto it for a while yet.  I have all the adhesive mounts and pedestal adapters for it aswell.  Shoot me a PM.
[right][snapback]301153[/snapback][/right]

pm sent
The Go Pro's are nice... though their sound capabilities are a little limited (probably due to the mic being on the inside of the case).

The snowboard shop near my place sells them for up to $420 for the fully kitted HD. I was so tempted to get one when I was in there the other day...
NikiterZTS,Feb 11 2010, 09:14 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 11 2010, 09:10 AM Wrote:You are more than welcome to borrow it Nik.  I think I want to hang onto it for a while yet.  I have all the adhesive mounts and pedestal adapters for it aswell.  Shoot me a PM.
[right][snapback]301153[/snapback][/right]

pm sent
[right][snapback]301155[/snapback][/right]

PM Replied
darkpuppet,Feb 11 2010, 10:16 AM Wrote:The Go Pro's are nice... though their sound capabilities are a little limited (probably due to the mic being on the inside of the case).

The snowboard shop near my place sells them for up to $420 for the fully kitted HD.  I was so tempted to get one when I was in there the other day...
[right][snapback]301156[/snapback][/right]

420 isn't bad for the hd's. They cost 300usd and shipping, taxes, freight, customs etc.

I'd get one, but I already have one of the SD ones. Can't wait to use it for track days.
CFM carries them
http://focus.c-f-m.com/freeshippinggopromo...ccessories.aspx

give me the money and ill pick it up for you when i go there next month
GFXjamie,Feb 11 2010, 09:39 AM Wrote:CFM carries them
http://focus.c-f-m.com/freeshippinggopromo...ccessories.aspx

give me the money and ill pick it up for you when i go there next month
[right][snapback]301161[/snapback][/right]

I think I want HD version though :huh:
GFXjamie,Feb 11 2010, 10:03 AM Wrote:here

http://focus.c-f-m.com/freeshippinggopromo...essories-1.aspx
[right][snapback]301167[/snapback][/right]

link fail
go to last link and hit next interior, 299$ fro HD
They use them alot for DH/Freeride, like up at Whistler. Guys will attach them to their helmet. You could check any bike shop as well. Should run about $350.
Funny how I can't even find one used :-/
likely because people like em so much ??

LOL

well if you want to grab one from CFM, ill be down there week of the 13th march break and will be buying a tonne of s*** from them anyways. maybe i could get a discount on the stuff haha
GFXjamie,Feb 11 2010, 01:04 PM Wrote:likely because people like em so much ??

LOL

well if you want to grab one from CFM, ill be down there week of the 13th march break and will be buying a tonne of s*** from them anyways. maybe i could get a discount on the stuff haha
[right][snapback]301181[/snapback][/right]

Whacha gettin?
4.06 gears, NOS sniper kit W/O fuel rail adapter (already have one so drops price down on full kit), spec stage 1 clutch, shorty antenna and antenna base, possibly a torsen T2 aswell depending on cash flow. will also be grabbing Jmountney's mtx75 that he accidentally bought for a duratec and building that up then doing a R&R of it. going to be a wiked year

that plus stag 2 crane cams with valve springs, UDP and dyno tuned. dropping it on sportlines in the next 2 weeks and repainting hood and doing roof black aswell.

can you say baller this year?? i dont know how but i just began learning how to save money to put into my car LOL
Ohhhh I can't wait to race you now. B)
haha, so nik should buy the camera so i can do a video of me going toe to toe with a turboed focus ahah JK

ya it should be fun, im looking for n/a 150-160 and with spray somewhere in the range of 220-230 at the wheels. hopefully i can get the diff aswell to hel wheel spin off the line and shifting because my car spins like a mofo as it is. my powerband will be shifted a little higher aswell with the cams. the 4.06 gearing should also make me a bit quicker down the track. my car will be very well rounded by the beginning of the season i expect

im so excited for summer man
I should talk to my bud here selling his Wet ZEX kit. But for some reason I have the feeling my engine will go BOOM!

See I have two problems, #1 traction #2 tranny. Not sure if I will correct this year. Depends on cash flows.

But realistically, after you do up the nitrous, I think you'll hit about 250whp. IIRC, a 75 shot gives about +100hp.
Pages: 1 2