FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: David Suzuki Is Going To Condemn Me To Hell!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have commenced negotiations with regards to my next epic road trip.

My preliminary calculation is that I will burn up 1.2 metric tonnes of premium fuel. :blink:
2001 ZTS,May 29 2008, 05:54 PM Wrote:I have commenced negotiations with regards to my next epic road trip.

My preliminary calculation is that I will burn up 1.2 metric tonnes of premium fuel.  :blink:
[right][snapback]265428[/snapback][/right]

1.2metric tonne = 2645lb = 440.9 gallons (assuming 6lb/gallon) = 9,698miles (assuming 22mpg)

NYC to SF is around 2,500mi one way, so you could drive across the continent back and forth almost 4 times with that much fuel used?

soooo.. is:

a ) naz using the wrong conversion factor (ie 2001 ZTS will be driving at 'lapping pace' (7mpg) instead of 'commuting pace' (22mpg))
b ) 2001 ZTS not using a WRX for this trip
c ) 2001 ZTS insane

:ph34r:
wow Naz ur either really smart or have way to much time on your hands
Naz, if you hadn't figured out by reading his post that he was going by ship then all I can say is... Yipes :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
Are you renting a "WannaBANGo" and travelling cross the c***ry? Alllllright! :lol:
WRX
3 provinces
7 states
9516km
1162 litres of premium
$1522 fuel budget

That's just my first of two road trips I have in the works. I'll take the Focus for the second one.
going on a road trip with a leaky gas tanker?

Or taking a leisurely cruise down the st. lawrence seaway in a barge equipped with a tiki bar?
Complete 180, change of plans and travel partners in the time it took me to get home. BC via Calgary is now out.

Instead, the author of the letter I just read upon opening my mail is going to get my full attention instead and gets to chose where we go. Seems my new college "friend" from the spring misses me more than I thought. Yes that would be sk8ter gUrl Flo

:lol:
once he said 'premium fuel' i was pretty sure it was not a ship (most of which have massive turbo diesel engines i believe)

and i know andrew has a perverse love of long distance highway driving + high speeds + subaru wagons

your '04 must have much more soundproofing that my old '02 impreza (and seats with less aggressive side bolstering) .. i would not be able to stand driving in a straight line for that many miles in my old car

who is your 'co driver'? are you making plans to install an inflatable air mattress in the back to 'save on lodging costs' :ph34r: :lol:
As the old timers know there is always a story, its often a drama and there is always at least one pretty girl involved.

Co-driver was to have been a woman I used to spend my summers in BC with her from infancy till the early 80's. Lost touch when I went Navy and she went to Japan. Her brother is my financial advisor and she lives in Calgary. I was going to pick her up, tour the Rockies and hang out in the Okanogan where she is from and so is my mom's side of the family.

Anyway that was the story at 1600 today. As of 1700 today I am in receipt of a perfumed, handwritten and rather steamy letter from a 24 year old I was dating in the spring. It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time at the Lock 7 motel this summer. I may head your way yet naz, I will suggest she and I drive out the Cali end of August.

frig my life is crazy

2001 ZTS,May 29 2008, 09:28 PM Wrote:. As of 1700 today I am in receipt of a perfumed, handwritten and rather steamy letter from a 24 year old I was dating in the spring. It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time at the Lock 7 motel this summer. I may head your way yet naz, I will suggest she and I drive out the Cali end of August.

frig my life is crazy
[right][snapback]265462[/snapback][/right]

as of 1701 today were you purchasing an airticket on the 1st outbound flight in anticipation for some mega hot but s3chs this evening? :o

alright cool let me know when you are around. perhaps i can interest you in signing up for a HPDE with me and consuming some premium fuel of the 100 octane variety B)

btw i believe they have 'lodgings' available on per hour basis these days.. just in case you want to keep your... umm.. 'transaction costs' low
you are replacing Dad as mu hero keep it up and maybe a photo log may be in order??
of course it wasn't going to on a ship. How the fawk are you supposed to take a ship on a road... he said road trip
LOL

My ships typically burn 30 metric tonnes of fuel per day at approx $US650 per tonne (30MT=30,000 litres). Fuel is typically 1/3rd of our operating cost, wages another 1/3rd and everything else the last 1/3rd.

So at 65 cents per litre can you hook us all up with some 87 octane? :P

Sounds like it'll be fun!
It's "cheap" (relative term) because bunker fuel is crap and one step up from tar or assorted goo. You could drop a match into a tank of it and nothing would happen, it is desnser than water, has to be preheated and circulated before going near the engines and we have huge cenrtifuges to remove the solids.

We only use the "heavy fuel" in open waters it is such crud and could loose power any time. When canalling, entering/leaving ports or any other confined waters we switch to MDO (Marine Diesel Oil). That is about $1000/MT these days I think and really just unmarked diesel.
Keep up the good work brotha!

And by up, I do mean up!!!
meford4u,May 30 2008, 04:41 PM Wrote:Keep up the good work brotha!

And by up,  I do mean up!!!
[right][snapback]265556[/snapback][/right]

"STOP ENCOURAGING 2001 ZTS; HE'S ANNOYING ENOUGH AS IT IS !11!11!!!!!!" :lol:

That's a non-issue and I get emails about little blue pills all the time if it ever becomes one. Who needs pills when one is staring this down?:

[Image: n521731162_701413_8181.jpg]

Pretty girl for sure. I know I am a charmer and all but I really do amaze myself sometimes and ask again: "Why the hell did I ever get married?"

Oh what fun the last 3 years have been! ;)
Oh and this is my friend in Calgary who I was planning to go see until a the above girl knocked me off my feet:

[Image: n558422749_886127_3209.jpg]

I have such exquisite taste I dare say. She's a car chic too! She's an exec with the Alberta Auto Dealer Association.
2001 ZTS,May 30 2008, 11:08 AM Wrote:LOL

My ships typically burn 30 metric tonnes of fuel per day at approx $US650 per tonne (30MT=30,000 litres).
[right][snapback]265519[/snapback][/right]

A typical fuel order is 600MT by the way. If you thought topping up the Focus was expensive try spending a half million each time and own 20 such ships!
Pages: 1 2 3