FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ps3 Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is really off topic but of well. Ive noticed that my PS3 is running very hot and the fan kicks on a lot, is this normal? Its got air flow. Should I get a little fan for it and put it behind the unit??? I know from other electronics (home amps) that they work better when they are cool.
I assume you're noticing this when playing BR titles? Or is is gaming as well?

They do sell accessory fans for the PS3, but the biggest thing is space around the unit for heat dissipation, without that you'll cook any electronics not just your PS3...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 27 2008, 04:16 PM Wrote:I assume you're noticing this when playing BR titles?  Or is is gaming as well?

They do sell accessory fans for the PS3, but the biggest thing is space around the unit for heat dissipation, without that you'll cook any electronics not just your PS3...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]265247[/snapback][/right]

I noticed it with gamming only, movies it not as bad. Maybe I'll have to get a fan.
Do you have your system laying flat or standing up?

your best bet is to have it standing up + a fan

I have a nice one that i got off ebay, has a LED thermostat that controls the speed of the fans

My buddies at work swear by the Nyko fan, it wraps around the back and top(when stood up)
SL8RZZX3,May 27 2008, 05:05 PM Wrote:Do you have your system laying flat or standing up?

your best bet is to have it standing up + a fan

I have a nice one that i got off ebay, has a LED thermostat that controls the speed of the fans

My buddies at work swear by the Nyko fan, it wraps around the back and top(when stood up)
[right][snapback]265257[/snapback][/right]

I didn't know you could stand them on there side.?? Bestbuys sell those fans??
Canadian ST,May 27 2008, 04:44 PM Wrote:I didn't know you could stand them on there side.?? Bestbuys sell those fans??
[right][snapback]265262[/snapback][/right]

YES stand it up! the hot air will flow out alot better

this is the fan i have...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Super-Quiet-LED-Dis...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fan my buddy has...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...59&catid=24378#
The fans running is just the PS3 heat management doing it's thing. If you keep the vents clear on the PS3, and ensure a bit of airspace around it, you should be fine.

The accessory fans you buy may help cool the machine, but I haven't heard of any longevity issues without them.

mine has been powered on for nearly a year now, and it's still going strong.