FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For All You Wagon Lovers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/news/arti...umentid=7596358

Oh, the pain! Why do I have to read about these cars I can never own...
Nice! Leave it to Subaru to come up with something new and cool!
Wow thats a nice wagon! maybe we will get the non-turbo no-fun version?
I like the Forester STI version better! I hate canada for not having all these nice cars :(
You can get a Subaru Legacy wagon, 2.5 Gt with the Turbo..............
and the new STi hatch is fairly close to being a wagon......

but the mad skillz blue paint on that legacy sure is nice! haha
forrester STI umm is that even a real car?
ZX3_2NV,May 27 2008, 02:19 PM Wrote:forrester STI umm is that even a real car?
[right][snapback]265228[/snapback][/right]

...it's been out for 3 years now! (not in America)
FORESTER STI
oldeguy,May 27 2008, 10:09 AM Wrote:You can get a Subaru Legacy wagon, 2.5 Gt with the Turbo..............
[right][snapback]265190[/snapback][/right]
The problem I have with the current Legacy is the frameless windows. Not good if you intend to keep the car long term, IMHO. Poor window sealing, noise, etc. is sure to happen after 4-5 years. This is the only thing keeping a Legacy wagon out of my driveway.

The story says this wagon is based on the Impreza platform, so maybe when the new Legacy shows up here in a year or two, the frameless windows will be a thing of the passed (crosses fingers).
imack,May 27 2008, 10:32 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 27 2008, 10:09 AM Wrote:You can get a Subaru Legacy wagon, 2.5 Gt with the Turbo..............
[right][snapback]265190[/snapback][/right]
The problem I have with the current Legacy is the frameless windows. Not good if you intend to keep the car long term, IMHO. Poor window sealing, noise, etc. is sure to happen after 4-5 years. This is the only thing keeping a Legacy wagon out of my driveway.

The story says this wagon is based on the Impreza platform, so maybe when the new Legacy shows up here in a year or two, the frameless windows will be a thing of the passed (crosses fingers).
[right][snapback]265267[/snapback][/right]

i totally agree with you on that. I always make the comment at every auto show to them. Glad to see Impreza is changed, but have to wait to see if legacy will change, maybe then i would consider owning a used legacy :)
so quick question.. ppl concerned about frameless windows.. have any of you actually owned the impeza? my wrx was 6yr 84k old, and no issues with window sealing.. actually no issues with anything... i don't think i've ever heard of any window sealing issues in impeza/legacy on the forums

many cars use frameless windows with no issues.. that's the dumbest reason i've hard for not getting a turbo subaru :)
naz,May 27 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:so quick question.. ppl concerned about frameless windows.. have any of you actually owned the impeza?  my wrx was 6yr 84k old, and no issues with window sealing.. actually no issues with anything... i don't think i've ever heard of any window sealing issues in impeza/legacy on the forums

many cars use frameless windows with no issues.. that's the dumbest reason i've hard for not getting a turbo subaru :)
[right][snapback]265279[/snapback][/right]

X2.... lol!
naz,May 27 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:so quick question.. ppl concerned about frameless windows.. have any of you actually owned the impeza?  my wrx was 6yr 84k old, and no issues with window sealing.. actually no issues with anything... i don't think i've ever heard of any window sealing issues in impeza/legacy on the forums

[right][snapback]265279[/snapback][/right]

X3, my brother has a '02 Impreza and so far no problems with noise from the frameless windows.

Laterz :)
if impreza sound like they have noise issues its from an overall lack of soundproofing
No issues here with frameless windows. Better not, its a 2 year old car! :P

My fathers old BMW has frameless windows, and its a 94, no issues whatsoever with noise or seals.
soooo

imack.. mo_focus go ahead and purchase those turbo subarus.. frameless windows are officially no longer a barrier to ownership