FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dingstopper Ftw?! *pics*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the 'dingstopper' came in the mail today!

[Image: 0523082104.jpg]

[Image: 0523082106.jpg]

it looks like it may perform as advertised.. the material kind of feels like that cottony foam that sometimes covers electronics (like a computer monitor) when its in its box.. i am not about to rubbing it all over the paint, but i don't think it will scratch if something rubs up against the car (actually the thing doesn't even move on the car at all once its on the car (it attaches with magnets that are also covered in fabric). the foam part is about 1" thick

i think it will work great for its intended purpose of keeping dings off the car while in my apartment parking lot
how long does it take to install it everytime?
honestly it looks lot better then the pictures from thier own site.
it looks like Naz just throws on the car and it sticks???
DD1,May 24 2008, 12:37 PM Wrote:it looks like Naz just throws on the car and it sticks???
[right][snapback]265018[/snapback][/right]

yup that's it exactly. it takes as long to take on and off as a fridge magnet
nice, so do u have any pictures of it installed on your own car?
paolo,May 24 2008, 05:23 PM Wrote:nice, so do u have any pictures of it installed on your own car?
[right][snapback]265035[/snapback][/right]

snap :lol:
paolo,May 24 2008, 06:23 PM Wrote:nice, so do u have any pictures of it installed on your own car?

All of a sudden I think I can build a rocket :ph34r:

PS thats his new car
id lol if someone stole it :P
paolo,May 24 2008, 10:23 PM Wrote:nice, so do u have any pictures of it installed on your own car?

shoot you caught me.. i just ran up to a random car in the parking lot and slapped on the dingstopper :ph34r:

believe it or not those pics are of my car.. i replaced my wrx with that 328 a couple of weeks ago

i suspect you are kidding around but in case you were raising the BS flag here's a pic of me typing this post while holding the car key

[Image: 0525080219.jpg]

EDIT: now i need to find a 'rock chip stopper' i picked up a rock chip on the windshield today :( doh :(
With that installed the car it screams "KEY ME". Its a cool idea but i think its going to draw unwanted attention.

Like I go out of my way to part RIGHT next to lambos,corvettes pimped out civics tha take up two spots in the middle of nowhere. I just do that to annoy, but guys out for no good might eye your car first because they know your affraid of damage. Now its in your parking garage perhaps its different but use that in a public parking lot and your calling open season on your car to little idiots.
Can't take a joke? lol relax i believe its your car.. Now i just hope the Dingstopper is up to par.
hardk0re,May 25 2008, 10:18 AM Wrote:Now its in your parking garage perhaps its different but use that in a public parking lot and your calling open season on your car to little idiots.
[right][snapback]265054[/snapback][/right]

yea i hear you man. i don't use it outside of my parking garage.

paolo.. yea i figured you were joking but you know.. its the internet and most of you have never met me in person.. better to make it 100% clear i'm legit rather than have ppl wonder if i'm a dumb 14yr old kid from idaho posting BS :)
GTFO you dumb kid from idaho. :angry:
Flofocus,May 26 2008, 03:29 PM Wrote:GTFO you dumb kid from idaho. :angry:
[right][snapback]265113[/snapback][/right]

STFU y0. i'LL RaceZ U 4 PinKz FoR R3aLz y0.
The question is... Does the neighbour who your space is next to get the hint?
reldridge,May 27 2008, 03:43 PM Wrote:The question is... Does the neighbour who your space is next to get the hint?
[right][snapback]265234[/snapback][/right]

I don't know why but that sounds real funny :lol:
reldridge,May 27 2008, 07:43 PM Wrote:The question is... Does the neighbour who your space is next to get the hint?
[right][snapback]265234[/snapback][/right]

i'm pretty sure he does because he tries his best to give good space between our cars.. its not his fault (ie i don't think he TRIES to open his door into my car).. its a tight garage, and when he has to put his kid in the back its understandable that the door might get flung open by accident..

looks like swat bulletproof vest or some sort......if i happened to park my car beside yours i would actually probatly slap my door just to see if it works right LOL
So do u have to reverse in all the time whats with the back in sign and its to bad u can't get a parking spot like that silver van or suv hes got cement on both sides no door ding there
ZX3_2NV,May 28 2008, 02:55 PM Wrote:So do u have to reverse in all the time whats with the back in sign and its to bad u can't get a parking spot like that silver van or suv hes got cement on both sides no door ding there
[right][snapback]265313[/snapback][/right]

dude you're telling me!!! i totally want one of those spots.. but everyone else in the building wants one and its based on how long you've been there.. so ppl who moved into the building right when it was built have dibs on those spots

yea i have to reverse in all the time.. i wouldn't be able to get out of the car other wise. its an annoying garage but its 1000000x better than street parking