FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Don't Park Your Toyota Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Even after a couple of warnings some people just don't get it. At the Ford Oakville plant park your non-Ford in it's designated spot. This thing was dragged out of the parking lot with all four tires skipping along the pavement. Ouch :)
You can see my Marauder giggling in the background.

[Image: DSC08146.jpg]
[Image: ResizeofDSC08149.jpg]

This Audi should be gone today, I hope:
[Image: ResizeofDSC08147.jpg]
I think I saw some Dodge on the background.
And that Audi is nice......Ford guys are so "car racist" or biast. Why so much hate? I'm just trying to understand it a bit better.
wow - someone would be getting a bill for 4 new tires if that was my car.
f***'em. I support Ford, if they don't then they can park in the back where they have designated parking.

Parking is limited, and good parking is even more lmited. Why should some knobgobbling Toyota driver get to park right at the gate while I have to trudge through rain or snow to get to the gate?

A Ford parking lot is private property. They can tell who to park where if they want, just like I make my wife's BFF park her Kia on the street when she visits. The closest to an import that gets in my driveway is my sister-in-law's Chevy Aveo -- which I only forgive because my step-dad works for GM in Windsor.

Being a Ford employee and buying a Ford and showing brand loyalty should be rewarded, it's not as though they weren't warned at least twice before they tow it.
No different then the Chrysler plant in Brampton. All dodge and Chrysler park up front by William Parkway and the others park in the far back off of Airport road.

They don't want to show the better quality cars and trucks they can't compete against.
Flofocus,Feb 10 2010, 01:22 PM Wrote:wow - someone would be getting a bill for 4 new tires if that was my car.
[right][snapback]301065[/snapback][/right]

I hope it's only 4 tires and not rear differ
wow, lets make black people sit at the back of the bus too.
They already do.
They just think its cool now lol
I see about 4 or 5 non ford vehicles in that first picture. That is just being plain ignorant on the part of Ford. There might be numerous reason why that person has that car, as well as the management basically saying how you should be spend your hard earned money, which is not right in my books.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 10 2010, 03:17 PM Wrote:I see about 4 or 5 non ford vehicles in that first picture. That is just being plain ignorant on the part of Ford. There might be numerous reason why that person has that car, as well as the management basically saying how you should be spend your hard earned money, which is not right in my books.
[right][snapback]301078[/snapback][/right]

All these morons have to do is park in the lot that is for non-Ford vehicles.

When/if Ford shuts this plant down and sells it for real estate, these same idiots will be crying and wondering why they have no job.
Warnings are issued beforehand, so when lessons aren't learned, this is inevitable. My dad wouldn't drive anything but a Ford to work... not to mention even think of buying any other brand. Always a firm believer in supporting his own bread and butter.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 10 2010, 04:17 PM Wrote:I see about 4 or 5 non ford vehicles in that first picture. That is just being plain ignorant on the part of Ford. There might be numerous reason why that person has that car, as well as the management basically saying how you should be spend your hard earned money, which is not right in my books.

Good points/Well said.
CanadaSVT,Feb 10 2010, 04:28 PM Wrote:When/if Ford shuts this plant down and sells it for real estate, these same idiots will be crying and wondering why they have no job.
[right][snapback]301080[/snapback][/right]

Idiots?

Harsh.

:rolleyes:

Employee Morale must be high at Ford!!!
If you ford employees are that anal about it, then maybe you should tell your union leaders that when hiring, the 1st question should be:

"What kind of car do you drive"

That way, if the answers ins't anything but 'a Ford', you avoid this mess in the 1st place.

I mean....if you are going to implement ignorant rules, then go all the way! :lol:
Rules are useless when not enforced. I'm sure those owners knew the rules but never thought they would be enforced.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 10 2010, 03:17 PM Wrote:I see about 4 or 5 non ford vehicles in that first picture. That is just being plain ignorant on the part of Ford. There might be numerous reason why that person has that car, as well as the management basically saying how you should be spend your hard earned money, which is not right in my books.
You feel it is ignorant on the part of Ford, but it's just as ignorant on the part of the drivers where the signs are prominently posted and they chose to ignore then anyways.

You're free to buy what you want -- just park it in the non-Ford lot. There's plenty of parking back there.

You don't have any issue with people's cars getting towed when they're parked in a handicapped spot, do you? (which, by the way, are exempt from the non-import rule). I mean, there's 5 other handicapped spots that are empty, so what's the big deal? What about Fire lanes or expectant mother spots?

The rules are posted, inside and outside the plant. Offenders get at least 2 warnings.

Got an issue, here's a tissue.
I agree with the enforcment of the rule. I can't count how many times I have tried to find an expectant/baby parking with my wife or handicapped parking with my Grandmother and some A Hole zips in and walks away flipping us the bird. Slash the F'er tires. :headbang:
i"m 100% behind you on that. As others have said it, Chrsyler and GM have the same thing as well. Its all about respect and beliving on your own product. Its not like Ford doesnt sell SUV's. They have the escape, edge, flex, exploer and much more.

I bet its the same at any honda and toyota plant as well. its just doesnt look good to drive a different car when your own company makes a similar class car. If lets say you work in a smart factory and you wanted a minivan, then i can understant :)

Private property and "make of car" is not protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code.

Can't read the sign? Go work for Toyota <_<

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Feb 10 2010, 02:33 PM Wrote:wow, lets make black people sit at the back of the bus too.
[right][snapback]301070[/snapback][/right]
Fine with me. But put the short obnoxious people there too :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3