FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Evil Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That evil light on the instrument panel , you know, the one with the old fashioned looking engine decided it needed to light up my life last night. Car is missing it's shift points ( automatic) and idles a little high, around 1,000 rpm. This happened last year, after I cleaned the air filter, and it resolved after a fellow FC.net member cleaned the MAF sensor. Does anyone know where I can get the proper toll to remove the MAF sensor screws? If that doesn't work, I'll get an OBD2 read.
oldeguy,May 23 2008, 08:56 AM Wrote:That evil light on the instrument panel , you know, the one with the old fashioned looking engine decided it needed to light up my life last night. Car is missing it's shift points ( automatic) and idles a little high, around 1,000 rpm. This happened last year, after I cleaned the air filter, and it resolved after a fellow FC.net member cleaned the MAF sensor. Does anyone know where I can get the proper toll to remove the MAF sensor screws? If that doesn't work, I'll get an OBD2 read.
[right][snapback]264932[/snapback][/right]

you can get them at crappy tire. It's just a safety torx bit (a T20 I think).
id think smaller than a T20 maybe even a T15 but yaa thats all good luck on finding a single one they usally come in sets
i have the security bit and some cleaner, i just did mine the other day

so if you want to swing by it'll only take a few minutes
Princess Auto has a little set of security bits, 20 or so, the slotted T20 is in there, runs about $15-20. Comes in a little red rubber case.
canadian tire has this..

Tamper-Proof TORX

$29.99

Product #25-6272-8

Features

Popular sizes for specialized tamper-proof star fasteners found on radios, instrument mountings and other applications
Includes handy storage/organizer tray

[Image: 0256272_450_CC_4954d.jpg]

however, I bought a mastercraft bit set with a tiny, open-ended socket wrench -- the kit cost maybe $30 at the most and came with the assortment of bits including tamper-proof torx.
The problem has been solved, thanks to a fellow Durham Region FC.net member, SL8RZZX3. Nice car, by the way...... :D
I'll pick up a set before I clean the filter again. Thanks Gentlemen for all your assistance.