FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Your Driver Licence Photos Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't believe that this website is not crossing some kind of privacy issues. I guess since you can remove your information that it makes it legit.

You can view any driver licence that has been printed by the Ministry of transportation and what ever they call it in the US. Find Ontario in the drop down menu its after the us states. Type in your name and city and after a quick search a list of matching names will pop up click the name you were looking for and it will show you the driver licence picture and name thank god that the address and DOB is blanked out. It will ask you if your the owner of this ID and ask you to enter your address and DOB and you can remove it from the list. I did mine who knows who will be searching your name looking to put a Face to the name it can be dangerous.

Remove your picture now.
http://www.license.shorturl.com
Before I click the link, two things:

How did you find the website? They're using a forwarder - can you copy and paste the link to the website from your IE / Firefox browser history? Pasting a "masking" URL is potentially a very serious security risk.

How do you know that by going to a website that has nothing to do with any government agency that you're removing your picture / info? You could well be certifying that a license that criminals wish to duplicate is indeed valid.
NOS2Go4Me,May 22 2008, 10:01 AM Wrote:Before I click the link, two things:

How did you find the website? They're using a forwarder - can you copy and paste the link to the website from your IE / Firefox browser history? Pasting a "masking" URL is potentially a very serious security risk.

How do you know that by going to a website that has nothing to do with any government agency that you're removing your picture / info? You could well be certifying that a license that criminals wish to duplicate is indeed valid.
[right][snapback]264848[/snapback][/right]

I don't know what was more funny? Adam's reaction or the website :D
Canadian ST,May 22 2008, 11:17 AM Wrote:I don't know what was more funny? Adam's reaction or the website :D
[right][snapback]264856[/snapback][/right]

I had to check it out after your reply... too funny ! Nos has some very good points, but in context of this URL -- classic.
hehe classic :)
NOS2Go4Me,May 22 2008, 02:01 PM Wrote:Before I click the link, two things:

[right][snapback]264848[/snapback][/right]

dude, i agree with you. is that like a joke website that i should check out cuz its funny or it is actual an attempt an identify theft
naz,May 22 2008, 11:35 AM Wrote:dude, i agree with you. is that like a joke website that i should check out cuz its funny or it is actual an attempt an identify theft
[right][snapback]264861[/snapback][/right]

the site is safe.
Overprotectionist IT guy FTW!

Sorry fellas, but given what I see here in a typical day... you can never be too careful! No insult was meant to ZX3 2NV, either btw.
LMAO, I'm a Baboon!!!!
Focus man, Focus.,May 22 2008, 11:53 AM Wrote:LMAO, I'm a Baboon!!!!
[right][snapback]264868[/snapback][/right]

We know, but what picture came up on the license? Just joking man :P
Canadian ST,May 22 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 22 2008, 11:53 AM Wrote:LMAO, I'm a Baboon!!!!
[right][snapback]264868[/snapback][/right]

We know, but what picture came up on the license? Just joking man :P
[right][snapback]264874[/snapback][/right]

They got it bang on. How did they get my pic? LOL!!!
darkpuppet,May 22 2008, 03:38 PM Wrote:the site is safe.
[right][snapback]264864[/snapback][/right]

haha ya you are right. funny!
I viewed puppet's. Better picture than usual.
meford4u,May 22 2008, 03:00 PM Wrote:I viewed puppet's.  Better picture than usual.
[right][snapback]264891[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could disagree! :ph34r:
Dude... when did they give me Rogaine? :blink: :lol:

NefCanuck
someone should make a fake id with that and use it.
i dont care. im still not clicking this site..
lol thats reaction was hilarious i had the link sent to me in an emil i copied and pasted most of the email but changed a couple parts to make it more resoanable i posted it on a few different forums and this thread is by far the best responses you guys are great
haha
hehe, the likeness is uncanny.

I have to get one of those printed and laminated to show the bouncer the next time I'm carded at a bar. :D

Laterz :)