FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Suspension Oem/aftermarket Urgent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,
Ran into some problems with the ford. My spring apparently is broken.
Both front ones too.

I need OEM Springs and Struts perferabbly or aftermarket.

Let me know. My car is at shop atm, and I wanted to source out with you guys first before buying some expensive stuff from autowreckers and such.

Let me know.

Ryan

Edit. This is for a 2000 LX model focus.
BananaClipper,May 20 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:Well,
Both front ones too.

Let me know. My car is at shop atm, and I wanted to source out with you guys first before buying some expensive stuff from autowreckers and such.

Let me know.

Ryan
[right][snapback]264677[/snapback][/right]
What year ? IIRC nefcanuck as an '05 suspension for sale
Should have clarified.
First post updated :( To bad 05 won't work.

Quick question. I assume 00-04 suspension all same? IE hatch will fit my sedan?

I already responded to a few ppl on classifieds. Hoping some of you have some stock stuff laying around and are too lazy to post in classifieds since most people arn't looking for stock stuff :P
BananaClipper,May 20 2008, 01:43 PM Wrote:Should have clarified.

I already responded to a few ppl on classifieds. Hoping some of you have some stock stuff laying around and are too lazy to post in classifieds since most people arn't looking for stock stuff :P
[right][snapback]264683[/snapback][/right]
Yes - sedan susp will fit hatch .. also: if replacing both springs and struts, the '05 suspension will fit 00-04 ... 05+ springs will not fit on 00-04 struts.
Both front ones too.

Let me know.

Ryan

Check first with Ford to see if they are still under recall for faulty springs. It's a 10 year, or a ton of kilometers covered. Unless you want to replace with lowered springs.
oldeguy,May 20 2008, 01:23 PM Wrote:
Both front ones too.

Let me know.

Ryan

Check first with Ford to see if they are still under recall for faulty springs. It's a 10 year, or a ton of kilometers covered. Unless you want to replace with lowered springs.
[right][snapback]264688[/snapback][/right]

Did not know this. Thanks for this. Will call them now.
Hopefully will come through here.

Edit... Do you have a back up for this?? I can't seem to find it anywhere on internet?? Or should I just call them and they should know what I'm talking about?

ZTWsquared,May 20 2008, 01:06 PM Wrote:
BananaClipper,May 20 2008, 01:43 PM Wrote:Should have clarified.

[right][snapback]264683[/snapback][/right]
Yes - sedan susp will fit hatch .. also: if replacing both springs and struts, the '05 suspension will fit 00-04 ... 05+ springs will not fit on 00-04 struts.
[right][snapback]264685[/snapback][/right]

Hmm.. never knew this. Upper mounts and such are all the same I assume? If I replace springs/struts 05 will fit then eh? Something to consider.
Yes the ford springs are still under recall for the 00-04 focus unless you have already claimed it once. and if you go to the dealer the alignmnt should be included in the recall. so ask before hand and make sure if they say yes that it gets done. ask for the print out cause the tech only gets payed 0.2 hrs i think for a recalled alignment so he might not want to do it.
phased_focus,May 20 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:Yes the ford springs are still under recall for the 00-04 focus unless you have already claimed it once. and if you go to the dealer the alignmnt should be included in the recall. so ask before hand and make sure if they say yes that it gets done. ask for the print out cause the tech only gets payed 0.2 hrs i think for a recalled alignment so he might not want to do it.
[right][snapback]264695[/snapback][/right]

The wife had the front springs replaced in her 01 last year, they did a alignment after for free as well. I think i still owe Nefcanuck a beer for letting me know. :beerchug:
Canadian ST,May 20 2008, 03:07 PM Wrote:
phased_focus,May 20 2008, 03:51 PM Wrote:Yes the ford springs are still under recall for the 00-04 focus unless you have already claimed it once. and if you go to the dealer the alignmnt should be included in the recall. so ask before hand and make sure if they say yes that it gets done. ask for the print out cause the tech only gets payed 0.2 hrs i think for a recalled alignment so he might not want to do it.
[right][snapback]264695[/snapback][/right]

The wife had the front springs replaced in her 01 last year, they did a alignment after for free as well. I think i still owe Nefcanuck a beer for letting me know. :beerchug:
[right][snapback]264697[/snapback][/right]

Well if this works out, I think I owe a few of you a beer if this works out :D
If you do need the suspension parts, lemme know (I'm on vacation so I've got a much looser schedule ATM)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 20 2008, 03:21 PM Wrote:If you do need the suspension parts, lemme know (I'm on vacation so I've got a much looser schedule ATM)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264701[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good, I will hopefully hear back from Ford today or Tommorow. I need something in this car ASAP as it is my DD.

What suspension components do you have? Springs/Struts? Or one or the other?
Let me know.
BananaClipper,May 20 2008, 03:29 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 20 2008, 03:21 PM Wrote:If you do need the suspension parts, lemme know (I'm on vacation so I've got a much looser schedule ATM)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264701[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good, I will hopefully hear back from Ford today or Tommorow. I need something in this car ASAP as it is my DD.

What suspension components do you have? Springs/Struts? Or one or the other?
Let me know
[right][snapback]264704[/snapback][/right]

I have the whole shooting match front & back (I had replaced the stock setup with the SVT suspension kit last year, about 52,000 on it when it was swapped out)

NefCanuck
Yeah they should still be under warrenty...

My mom's 03 zx5 just had the fronts replaced for free!

Which was too bad..... i wanted to do a bit of a drop on hers, at least and SVT set up

P.s. i never heard back from you about those rims? still interested
I appreciate all the quick responses and help. Honestly if I didn't post this I would have never of known this was warrenty covered / recall.

Glad I got this fixed :D. Beer for all :ph34r: