FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 205/55/15 Tires Ok On Stock 15" Rim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have an '06 ZXW with stock rims/tires 195/60/15 that I want to replace. The GoodYears really seem to suck in wet weather, slip like crazy and I think it's dangerous. Very sloppy on corners too.

So I want to get a new set of H or V rated tires with better stability and wet grip.

Thinking of 205/55/15 on the stock rim. Any issue with this size? It's tiny bit smaller. Should I just stick with 195/60/15 ?

I'm thinking of Falken Ziex ZE-912.
those are the size i went with on my old 15's which are now used as my mom's summer tires, with Kumho 712's

i thnk they give a lil bit wider stance, didn't notice much difference tho
yes i also used kumho 712 in those size on the stock tires. no problems for me either. they were a big step up over the stock tires though!

IMHO you should consider using azenis RT615 in the 205/50/15 size speedo will be very slightly off but you will love the grip. i totally should have gone with that setup on my focus instead
Nutella,May 18 2008, 06:05 PM Wrote:Thinking of 205/55/15 on the stock rim. Any issue with this size?  It's tiny bit smaller. Should I just stick with 195/60/15 ?

I'm thinking of Falken Ziex ZE-912.
[right][snapback]264609[/snapback][/right]
Good choice in tire - I'm impressed with them - if it were me I'd stick with the stock size or go 205-60
naz,May 18 2008, 08:37 PM Wrote:yes i also used kumho 712 in those size on the stock tires.  no problems for me either.  they were a big step up over the stock tires though!

IMHO you should consider using azenis RT615 in the 205/50/15 size speedo will be very slightly off but you will love the grip. i totally should have gone with that setup on my focus instead
[right][snapback]264621[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, but that size is too off for me.
I assume 205/55/15 is ok on the stock steel rim.

I am leaning towards 205/55/15 if the price is not too much higher than stock. I want the speedo the least affected and this size seems to be THE closest.

I'm in Mississauga and got a good place for performance tires through another car club (TOProtege.com). The tire shop is http://www.Tires23.com. If anyone else is interested, contact them for a quote on a size.
Nutella,May 19 2008, 04:18 PM Wrote:I assume  205/55/15 is ok on the stock steel rim. 

I am leaning towards 205/55/15 if the price is not too much higher than stock. I want the speedo the least affected and this size seems to be THE closest.

I'm in Mississauga and got a good place for performance tires through another car club (TOProtege.com). The tire shop is http://www.Tires23.com.  If anyone else is interested, contact them for a quote on a size.
[right][snapback]264648[/snapback][/right]
Yup - got my Falken 912's there ... FYI - they don't take credit cards, and they ended up charging me $30 LESS than they quoted me by email ... I paid 450 for a set of 215-45-17 all in - installation and taxes included.

You may want to check the width of the steel rim ... IIRC the 15" alloys are wider than the 15" steelies.
I ended up getting Falken 912's 195/60/15 stock size. And from Tires23.com. $320 tax in (installed and balanced). Very good in the rain and handle very well. However, they were cheap and made in Thailand. But they seem to be very good tires, def. not cheaply made.

What is misleading is that I saw a 205 series Falken 912 tire in the shop that had the falken sticker that said Made in Japan. So I guess they outsourced the high volume size (Focus stock) to Thailand! This size also happens to be stock on some Civics and Hyundais so we're talking massive volume.