FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Ding Protection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys check out this product

http://www.doordefender.com/howtoo.html

what do you think? could it work as advertised? worth getting?
that's a novel idea... wonder, over time if attaching and detaching them regularily would cause issue with the paint.. but I probably wouldn't mind a set in some tighter parking situations..

of course they could just invite people to fling their doors into your car, or look for more imaginative ways to add dents.
i remember seeing that on Dragons Den
depending on hoe it attaches i can see it being a problem
darkpuppet,May 15 2008, 05:16 PM Wrote:that's a novel idea... wonder, over time if attaching and detaching them regularily would cause issue with the paint.. but I probably wouldn't mind a set in some tighter parking situations..

of course they could just invite people to fling their doors into your car, or look for more imaginative ways to add dents.
[right][snapback]264423[/snapback][/right]

i'm planning to use it only in my building's underground gated parking space. i know the guy who parks next to me, and he is a nice guy. but the space is tight and he has opened his door into my car a number of times. on the wrx he left 2 minor dings and didn't care.. but i think i will key his car if he hits the bimmer.. need to do something so i don't do that

i picked this up on ebay for $30 shipped. i'll let you guys know how it goes

http://www.dingstopper.com/index.html

Fun.
Until you accidentally drive off with them flapping in the wind.
One thing that Door Defender can't stop however is the people whose dorrs are higher or lower than yours and if they fling their door open they'll whack yuor door with either of their mirror or the lower edge of their door (Thinking Miata with Door Defender versus an F450 Super Duty here)

NefCanuck
Note: the Doordefender is intended to be used while your vehicle is in park. It is to be removed and stored in a secured place in your trunk before your vehicle is in motion.

i wonder how many ppl did drive off with them, until they made this disclaimer :)

this is meant to combat the treat of my neighbor's child seat equipped civic sedan.. i guess he has to open door super wide to stuff his struggling kid into the back?

i'm not expecting this to be the end of dings.. but i did notice in my sube that majority of dings came from my neighbor so i think this is a 'quick win' that will help keep my blood pressure down
I think the solution is to just kick in the neighbour's door just enough so it won't contact your car when open.
Yep, from experience, doors need to be opened full to get kids in seats.

That being said... Request a new parking spot?
reldridge,May 16 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:That being said... Request a new parking spot?
[right][snapback]264487[/snapback][/right]

tried. no luck. monster long waiting list for the 'good' spots. good being a 1.5x spot protected by a concrete wall on each side

NefCanuck,May 15 2008, 03:59 PM Wrote:One thing that Door Defender can't stop however is the people whose dorrs are higher or lower than yours and if they fling their door open they'll whack yuor door with either of their mirror or the lower edge of their door (Thinking Miata with Door Defender versus an F450 Super Duty here)[right][snapback]264440[/snapback][/right]
That and:

1) What's to keep someone from walking up and walking away with them? Someone just saved $30. Thanks!

2) While I understand using them in your own tight underground parking space, anywhere else the time it would take to put them on could be offset by parking farther away where the parking is less dense.
OAC_Sparky,May 17 2008, 02:16 PM Wrote:1) What's to keep someone from walking up and walking away with them? Someone just saved $30. Thanks!

2) While I understand using them in your own tight underground parking space, anywhere else the time it would take to put them on could be offset by parking farther away where the parking is less dense.
[right][snapback]264552[/snapback][/right]

there is supposedly a 'security' cord that goes into the car's interior (you close the door over the cord) that keeps people from stealing it... frankly i think that is retarded since the thief will probably damage the door trying to remove the thing.

i'm not planning on using this outside my own parking garage.

i accept that random dings are part of car ownership.. but these 'non random' dings my neighbor inflicts on me just drive me up the wall!!!!!